Family reunien

Aubrey POV

My mind was feeling out of place. I felt that my surrounding wasn't familiar at all. My body aches in pain and the lights are blinding me to much.
I felt a light weight on my hand and it was warm.
I opened my eyes looking around seeing that I'm in a hospital bed. I can't figure out why I'm here but my eyes landed on Lizzie who's sat next to me. She is sleeping on my hand holding onto it.
I smiled down at her knowing that I had her by side eases the pain a bit.

„Hey liz." my voice was sore and quiet but she shoot up from her position instantly. Worry sorrow and sadness we're practically written all over her face. Her beautiful eyes puffy and red from probably crying.

„Bre thank god your awake." she grabbed my hand tight and I responded with a soft smile.

„How long did you sleep like this? It looks uncomfortable?" I asked and she chuckled at me.

„I'm fine. Don't worry about me. It's been only a Night. How are you feeling?" she rubbed the palm of my hand giving me comfort instantly.

„Everything hurts. Especially my head. Other than that glorious." I was still trying to joke to see her smile and I did just for a small moment.

„Liz. How did I end up here?" I asked her and her eyes widen.

„Y-you don't remember?" she asks sounding more worried now.
I shook my head no. The only thing I remember is me skipping school for a day.

„I don't. What happened?" I asked and she probably didn't know how to tell me since she looks so worried.

„Your neighbor found you in your apartment beaten up. We don't know who it is. I'm so sorry."
My throat tightened and my anxiety grew not knowing what happened or who it was.

„Did anyone else visit?" I asked referring on my parents. She nod leaning back in the chair still holding my hand.

„Actually yes. It was me and Vivian who visited. She might be back soon. Your father was here too." she said slow waiting for my reaction.
I'm not really happy that he is here. Every time we meet someone gets hurt and that's mostly me.

„I'm sorry if he acted like shit. He probably did. I can already tell on the way you mentioned him. Do you know if he will come back?" I asked actually anxious about the answer.

„I don't know. He might. He was screaming at the doctor because nobody knew who did this to you. After that he went to the police station reporting this and we haven't heard from him since." my stomach dropped hearing that he went to the police. The way he acted was typical for him.
Impulsive, aggressive, arrogant, a shitty personality in general. I opened my mouth trying to say something but before I could I got interrupted by Vivian and Ben walking in. Ben had a small teddy bear in his hand and vi had flowers. I chuckled at them and they Place the gifts next to my bed.

„Hey Bestie. How are you feeling?" she stroked my arm giving me comfort.

„It hurts but I'll pull through." I looked at Ben who didn't say anything at first. I know I didn't tell him about Lizzie which is why I'm so afraid of his reaction. He probably saw my expression.

„It's fine bre. I want you to be happy." he said nodding at me and I smiled at him with tears in my eyes.

„I love you guys. Thank you for being here."
They all gave me a smile.

„Do you remember?" Ben asked me and I shook my head seeing how defeated they look.

„Okay. Don't worry about it we'll find out sooner or later." vi reinsured me giving me a half smile.
They all joined me when the nurse came in giving me breakfast and checking my vitals. We sat and got a long really well and I'm surprised on how good they understand each other with Lizzie. I'm happy about it. My happiness didn't last long until the door swung open with my father walking through. He didn't have a soft expression at all. Everyone's attention went to him and then to me checking if I was alright.