What now?

Lizzie POV

If she'd only knew how much I hate myself for what I did to her. That I kept this a secret which shouldn't have been. I was fighting with Robbie before he left and I didn't want him back but I guess I didn't make it clear enough. I'm causing her pain and would love to punch myself for that. I whipped my tears away and the bell rang so I got ready for my next class. Time flew back fast and want really able to control myself. After she left my heart stated to ache like crazy and I couldn't shake this feeling off that something is going on. I dismissed everyone from class earlier and went to look after Aubrey.

Traffic was really holding me back and I hate that it's going so slow. Sirens rang through my ear and I witnessed red blue lights in front off me. My stomach twisted and turned and my anxiety grew that this might have been the cause for my heat aching feeling. I was driving slow enough to catch the scene as the police tried to cover up what was happening. Two cars crashed into each other a total mess. Everything is shattered, broken and crushed. There was nothing to be fixed. But there it was. Something all so familiar caught my eye and I stopped the car immediately getting honked at from behind.

I know this motorcycle from somewhere. It was damaged to the fullest but I could still recognize from who it is. It's Aubrey's. Oh god. Please don't let this be real. I covered my mouth trying to calm down my sob but I couldn't hold myself back anymore. My face was drained in tears and all I could think off was how it happened but mostly if she is alright.

„Miss I'm sorry you need to move you are holding back the traffic." an officer approached me from the side and I looked into her eyes in shock.

„Miss is something wrong?" she asks me and I didn't know how to say it. My throat was almost laced together and I feel like I lost my voice.

„T-This bike. I know who it's from. Where is she?" I asked hectic pointing the motorcycle out.

„We don't have any name off her yet but she is being rushed to the hospital. She seems like she is the only survivor of this accident. But I heard she is in critical conditions."

„What hospital?" I asked swallowing this huge lump in my throat.

„the west hill medical center. It's the closest around this area. If you drive back from where you came from it would be faster to get there." she offers and tapped at the car signing me to drive off.

I nod thanking her and turned around driving probably over the speed limit but I couldn't care less. My heart is racing and I can't get a clear thought into my mind. She was drunk. She was careless and I was the cause for all of this. She drank because I broke her heart and she didn't listen because I wasn't honest with her.

I parked my car hectic and sprinted out into the hospital looking around worried as I stood in the ER. Everything and everyone was moving fast and I heard yells from her and there. The smell of hospital filled my nostrils and my stomach turned.

„Miss how can I help you?" I felt two hands touching my arms pulling me aside so that other doctor could move patients in.

„I-I'm looking for A-Aubrey Leyla Mathews. She had an accident please." the nurse moved behind the counter tipping in her name but she shook her head.

„I'm sorry miss we don't have a Aubrey Leyla Mathews here."

„N-no she needs to be here. The police told me she would be here. It was the car accident she was on a motorcycle and involved as well." I explained hectic while still looking around trying to find her in between all the injured people.
My eyes landed on the nurse again and her expression changed. She looked at me in sorrow and she lost a little color from her face.