Damage

Lizzie POV

......

„I don't know about you but I think it would be good for you to be gone while her mom is here." I raised a brow confused why she said that.

„I don't think she will be happy to see her Professor beside her bedside." she answered playing with her tissue.

She was right. I don't want meet her mom under those circumstances. I've met her father already last time and it was in a hospital as well. I know for a fact this won't end good.

„She probably still thinks she is with Nate. Fuck i hate that she has such a bad relationship towards them." Vivian rubbed her face in frustration.

„I know. She talked about them a couple times but I never heard any good. She deserves better." I answered.

„Can you at least keep me updated. I wanna know everything and even if it is late at night call me. I don't care when just let me know."
I pleaded and Vivian nod at me.

„Sure. I'll keep you updated. It's not like I have anything else to do. We can only wait and pray." I nod getting up to get ready to leave. I started to walk away and Vivian called after me again.

„Lizzie." I stopped turning around.
„She's a fighter. She will be back." she said with a half smile.

„I hope so Vivian. I really do." I answered and left to go home.

Third person POV

Vivian sat down again after Lizzie left. She didn't know what to do so she called Ben and filled him in on what has happened so far. It didn't take long until he was sitting next to her waiting as well. With Vivian's head on Ben's shoulder they both waited in the area where the surgery's are. Sadly they both weren't the only ones waiting for an update. There was a younger woman slightly older than them with a kid on her lap. The women looked tired and defeated. Unfortunately she didn't get the news she was hoping for. They didn't hear what the doctor said but she began to cry and looked devastated. She lost a close on and it looked like she lost her own life. After some minutes they left with the doctor and right after another came to a small family.

Two kids with a father sitting with them.
When the doctor started to talk they began to cry. But they were happy tears. Tears of joy and relief. After some time they left as well and the ones left where Ben and Vivian. The night crawled in and they both were falling in and out of sleep.

Something they both were afraid of was to lose the light in their life's. Aubrey was the reason for their laughs. But they both were also afraid off her mother. She wasn't really lovely and they both couldn't stand her. But they never met her under circumstances like these. Having a loved one in critical condition might bring them together. Who knows maybe even closer.

„I'm looking for my daughter Leyla Mathews I'm her mother." both of them snapped up from their half sleep turning around realizing that she is already standing there.

„I'm sorry ma'am from what I know is that she is still in surgery. But it has been more than 10 hours so I'll ask if there is any change." the nurse walked into the surgery area disappearing for almost five minutes.

„Vivian. Ben." she walked around to them. They both got up greeting her.

„Can someone tell me what the hell happened?"
She asks sounding angry but she still had a calm voice.