{11}Guests of The Central Palace

🌷Chapter 11🌷
Guests of The Central Palace

"Make way! Make way! For the Princesses of Theode!" Echoed the streets. Commoners scatter like rats to either side of the stone street as a grand carriage passed through.
Everyone stopped what they were doing to catch a glimpse of the brigade surrounding the carriage.

"I heard they're here to marry the Princes."

"I thought they came here for shelter since their father is going to war."

"Then what about the other sisters? Why did they not come?"

"Fool! They have their husbands already."

"They're here for both protection and an arranged marriage."

Orletha heard the noise from outside, the tavern was empty since everyone wanted to go sneak a peek. She took this chance to clear the tables and wipe them down. She wiped her brow that was full of sweat. She sighed, "I wonder what Nicolas is doing?" She thought.

🌷🌷🌷

The carriage had already made it through the gates. As the Princesses stepped out the carriage, expensive red carpet was already rolled out at their feet that led all the way to the palace doors where the Princes awaited, lined right to left from eldest to youngest.

Ashton, Spencer, Tilton, Warrick and finally Nicholas. All dressed expensively from head to toe in the finest attire, all of them looking Princely and handsome.

"My, they do have a way of welcoming guests." One sister whispered to the other, hiding their mouth with a fan.
"They most certainly do." she replied. They giggled to one another as they walked toward the Princes.

"My, they both look like something out of a magical tale." Warrick commented.
"Have some manners." Nicholas scolded, giving him an elbow to his side.
"On your best behavior, I see.." He chuckled before standing straight again.

The music stopped as they approached the stairs.
'Welcome to our kingdom, Your Highnesses." The Princes bowed, right hand over abdomen and left hand on the back.
"Thank you for inviting us, our Princes."
The Princesses gave a curtsy with their heads slightly bowed, they coordinated themselves like they were one person. They walked the same and they spoke the same.

Madison, the eldest, was a pure red head with curly hair and shiny emerald green eyes and lightly tanned skin. She wore a turquoise dress with gold finishes that hugged her slim figure.

Luella, younger than her sister by two years, had brown, straight hair with natural burgundy highlights and enchanting turquoise eyes with incredibly pale skin

Luella, younger than her sister by two years, had brown, straight hair with natural burgundy highlights and enchanting turquoise eyes with incredibly pale skin. She wore a burgundy dress with gold finishes that hugged her curvy figure. She was a bit on the chubbier side.

"Allow us to escort you inside to the King

"Allow us to escort you inside to the King." Said Warrick as he took Madison by the hand.
"He is waiting to see you." Nicholas took Luella by the hand. She lightly blushed as felt her arm getting warm in his.

In the throne room, there the King awaited with his four wives. The first wife, Ashton's mother, sitting with him on the throne as the other three stood around it. Only Howard's mother was missing for obvious reasons.
He stood up as he saw them enter the room.
"Ah, I see the Princesses have arrived.. Welcome!" He threw his arms up in the air as he greeted them. He went down the little stairs to greet them.

"Ah, I haven't seen you since you were children! My, how time flies." He kissed them both on the hand. "You've grown into such fine young women."
"Thank you, Your Majesty. We're flattered by your kind words."
"It is nice to see you after all these years."

"Now then, take them out and show them around the palace, take them to the garden for tea- anything! Make them feel at home!" Said the King.

"Ah, that sounds splendid!" Said Madison, turning to her sister.
"And tea would be lovely." Luella added.

"The rest will be up to them." Ashton said as he approached his mother and father.
"That's my baby boy!" Fourth Wife Astrid said, Warrick's mother said. "I'm so proud!!"
Warrick threw is hand up in response as him and his date disappeared behind the door. Yes, he is a mama's boy.

"Prepare the Banquet!" Ordered the King.