{1}Trouble

🌷Chapter 1🌷
Trouble

    It was a peaceful day in the Kingdom of Leuedai, it was a peaceful Kingdom that rarely went into war. The people were always happy and willing to share with one another, there is nothing more to ask for.

Orletha, a widow at the age of 24 and a mother of one, worked at a Tavern well known loitering spot for Knights, Sailors, Bounty Hunters, Travelers and Merchants, and sometimes Royalty may pass by, which rarely ever happens. Every day at her workplace was interesting, new faces, new friends, and of course, new trouble.

The men gambled and clanked their mugs that brimmed with foaming beer, their hearty laughs filled the atmosphere as they embarked on their experiences in the great outdoors.
"Ladies! Some more, if you please!" One of them slurred, and can barely sit themselves upright.
Orletha rolled her eyes as she went over to give the man a refill. Upon filling his mug, he grabbed her wrist.
"Orthea, m'lady.." He placed sloppy kisses on the back of her hand, she scorned every second of it.

"It's Orletha, thank you very much." She pulled her hand away, wiping it on her apron.
"You know, if you need a real man, I'm right here." He threw his arm around her waist and drew her closer, "How much longer are you going to live without a man? Don't you feel cold at night?"
"My goodness William, it is barely the middle of the day and you are  downright drunk. Get a hold of yourself!" She tried to wriggle out of his drunkard grasp.

"Hey! Her answer is no." A woman appeared at her side, a fellow worker and friend of hers. He let go of her and she turned to her friend, "Oh Lilith, thank you, once again."
She thanked her, Lilith was a 19 year old tomboy. She had black hair and brown eyes, she was tall and quite rowdy.
"You need learn how to to land a proper punch on those men, they're drunk. They won't remember once they wake up.." She joked and they both laughed.

  Their laughter was brought to a halt as someone burst through the tavern doors, "Orletha, it's your son." Said the market person. She dropped everything and ran out the tavern.

Oh dear Gods, what trouble has my son gotten into now?

Holding up the hems her dress while her free hand cupped her breasts to keep them from violently bouncing, she ran until she saw her son's dusty red hair soiled in mud. He was being roughly handled by palace guards, and the Duke stood by. His boots were muddied, she knew it was her son's doing.

"Wait!" She brought herself to her knees, "He's my son, I beg you to forgive him." She lowered her head to the floor in a humble manner.
"Your son must be blind to not see the Duke himself walking by. He must also be a mute as he didn't even apologise!" One of thr guards yelled as he hit her son behind the head.
"I'm so very sorry.." She then turned to the Duke,  "Duke Howard, this may not satisfy the inconvenience my son has caused but please.. let me have you cleaned up, it is all I have to offer."
The guards looked over to the young Duke and awaited his response. She felt his icy gaze on the back of her had.

"Don't disappoint me. You may rise."

How's the first chapter? What do you think of Duke Howard?