{14}Enchanting Sight

🌷Chapter🌷
Enchanting Sight

Luella came to visit Nicholas at his province, Ashton encouraged this mostly by persuading their father and also because Warrick took Madison out to the horse ranch on his military base.
Nicholas and Luella sat out in his garden beneath a shed where they drank tea. One thing they at least had in common was their love for literature and poetry, but that didn't mean Nicholas liked her.

"Have you ever read the story 'Enchanting Sight'?" Luella asked.
"No I'm afraid I have not, but it does sound familiar." Nicholas replied as he took a sip of his tea.

"A very short story, about four hundred words long. I will summarize it for you."
"Please do." The Duke insisted as he sipped his tea.
"It's about a Prince who was walking through a garden, he was despised by his family and he had no friends. No one to share his interests, hardships or basic salutations and fare-wells. Walking through the garden, his eyes met a woman with such other-worldly beauty. He fell in love with this woman, and visited her every day.
The King found out of this and locked the Prince away, arranging a marriage with a Princess from a far away land. He never saw this woman again. But every night, when he goes to sleep, he gets to relive the memories he had with her.
He passed away, and in the afterlife, he saw her again. They held hands and walked through the heavenly gardens as they did when they were alive."

"What a bittersweet ending." He said.
"I've always loved this story as a child. It's really sad but all the while beautiful," Luella replied. "because you can't help who you fall in love with."

🌷🌷🌷

He found himself there again. In this mysterious land of never-ending flora. The clouds were spread out sparsely across the deep blue sky.

He closed his eyes as a petal landed on his nose like a soft kiss and opened them again as he felt a weight on his chest. There laid Orletha in all her beauty. Staring up at the young Duke with her head on his chest.

"It wasn't my intention to stare at you so longingly." She averted her gaze, tracing her fingers along his chest.

"What is it that you want from me, Howard? Why so silent?"
"So tell me, Howard. Am I the tapestry woven into the very depths of your heart?"

🌷🌷🌷