{20}When Two Worlds Meet

⚘Chapter 20⚘
When Two Worlds Meet

  Work has grown to be awkward since that incident with her son. Everyone asking her about the Duke and won't even bother to ask about her son or how her day was going.
She keeps her lips shut most of the time, only speaking when she found it necessary. 
She patted her head with a handkerchief as she sat on a stool behind the counter.

"You looked stressed, believe me, I would know." Said Olga as she approached Orletha.
"When last have you seen him, dear?"

She sighed, feeling a bit reluctant to answer but went ahead anyway.
"A week, perhaps?"

"Missing him?"

"He's a Duke. A busy man. A whole part of this Kingdom to run all by himself. There's no place for me in his world, there never will be."

"You know what I heard?" A young  waitress interjected. "King Alister has arranged for his two daughters to marry the eligible sons of our King."

"Which are the eligible ones?" Asked Lilith.

"Warrick and Nicholas."

She felt all eyes set on her, then decided to carry on working.
"The King is growing more feeble as each day passes, it would only be natural for him to want all his sons to have married before he passes.

The noisy tavern then falling into silence was brought to the attention of the women, who then shifted their gaze to the entrance.

A nobly dressed woman stepped into the tavern with a Knight close behind her.
"It's so, cozy." Luella's eyes shown a glint of excitement as her dark brown orbs darted around the small interior, taking in the scenery of the tavern."

"Who's this?"

"Princess Luella. One of the guests staying at the Central Palace."
"I heard she has her eyes on Howard."

Once the Princess and her Bodyguard settled in their seats, Orletha, with a wooden tray in her arms, approaced the couple.
"Your Royal Highness, what brings  you to Olga's Tavern?"
"I have heard of this tavern from my trusted bodyguard who visits here often."
"Orletha! Good seeing you! I've brought a guest." Aubrey greeted her warmly, a smile gracing his face. He was a friend of her late husband, so him and Orletha spoke every now and then.

"I see. I'm sure you'll be having what you usually have, and for you, your highness?"
"Our dear Princess here has a sweet tooth, how about bring her a signature pie?'

"Of course. Now if you'll excuse me." She turned on her heels, on her way to the kitchen.

"And I must say," Luella spoke, stopping Orletha in her tracks.
"You are a really beautiful lady."

"I'm honored," She bowed in thanks, "And so are you, Princess."

⚘⚘⚘

*Lana Del Rey vocalizing* The other woman~~! 🤣🤣🤣

Honestly speaking Orletha has no feeling of jealousy or rage towards Luella because she knows that she can't be with him and she accepts that. They would actually make good friends😅