{19}Your Eyes

🌷 Chapter 19🌷
Your Eyes

   Luella sat quitely in her carriage as it made its way to  Howard's Manor while Audrey strode on horseback beside the carriage, Luella made sure to keep the windows open so she can spare a few glances at him.

"I can feel your eyes piercing through my skull, dear Princess." He said, glancing at her from the side of his eyes, a grin forming on his lips.

"My.. apologies, h- how rude of me." She scolded herself as she averted her gaze. She drew the blinds slightly, hoping he won't see her cherry red face.

"I mean, you can if you want to. I've been watching you, too. Do forgive me, Princess."
She gasped, looking up at him again before closing the blinds completely. He chuckled at her childish reaction.
"Well, you are a beauty."
 Luella placed her hand on her chest and closed her eyes, why does she feel this way? For a man she's just met?

A hand pushed through the blinds and held out an apple.
"My apologies for making you so flustered."
"I'm not flustered." She grabbed the apple from his grip and took a bite.
"Sweet, right?" He asked. "We have some of the most fertile lands, we gain a lot of wealth from our perishable goods."
"I see. We generate a lot of wealth from our minerals and precious stones, and selling weapons." Luella replied.

⚘⚘⚘

    Her day with Louis went smoothly by. They sat, read books and drank tea like they usually did. Luella found it hard to focus as Audrey was with her every step she took.
After saying her goodbyes, she decided to spend the rest of her day with Audrey. He was a mystery to her. She wanted to get to know him, both inside and out. What he liked, what he disliked. No man has ever aroused such curiosity in her. She wanted to know more.

She sat on horseback while he guided the horse by the reins. There was silence all around them, the only sound was the horse shoe crushing the soft grass as it strutted across the land.

"

So what made you become a knight?" Luella questioned.

"The same reason why you're  a Princess, I was born into it."

"Do you enjoy it?"

"Honorable, yes. You protect and serve The Crown, and the ones you love."

"Oh, I see."

"There's  a legend about this river, that a mermaid rests beneath it. She sits on the riverbank to brush her hair. They they that the one who finds her brush would have their utmost desires fullfilled."

"Never knew you were one to believe such things."

"I don't. I'm just telling you."

"What is your utmost desire, Sir Audrey?"

"To be happy with the one I love."