Chapitre Huit : Lotus Piere, celui aux neuf pétales

Wei Ying runs in the streets of Yunmeng, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng following behind. Fu Yao and Nan Feng were bickering with each other as Yin Yu sigh while being stuck with the two.

"A-Ying! Slow down!"

"Nan Feng-shīxiōng! There's a lot of toys!"

Xie Lian chuckled and Hua Cheng can only grin at their son's ignorance.

"Dear Fùqin! Look at this-"

Wei Ying had bumped into someone and fell holding his head.

"Darling!"

Xie Lian ran to Wei Ying who was rubbing his head, the other four hastily following behind.

"I'm so sorry mister, my son is just so excited to come here in Yunmeng."

"No no, it's fine."

The man in purple knelt down and offered a handkerchief to Wei Ying.

"Children make mistakes a lot of times."

Wei Ying looked up and now was grinning at Xie Lian and Hua Cheng.

"It's okay! I'm not hurt!"

Wei Ying stood up and looked at the man in purple.

"I'm humbly sorry for bumping into you xiangsheng."

"It's alright, may I ask who you are?"

"This young master greets you! I'm Wei Ying!"

"Wei... Wei Ying...?"

"Yes?"

"Are you... Cangse Sanren and Wei Changze's son...?"

"Excuse me but are you perhaps the Yunmeng Jiang Clan Leader? Jiang Fengmian?"

"Yes that's me... Why... Where...? How...?"

"May we sit down before we talk about the situation."

"Oh yeah, yes certainly. Follow me please."

Xie Lian carried Wei Ying in his arms.

"Don't go off running like that again, okay darling?"

"Yes dear Fùqin!"

They followed Jiang Fengmian who led them to the Lotus Pier. Upon entering they were led to a pavilion floating in the water. Jiang Fengmian offered tea and snacks that made Wei Yings' mouth water.

"A-Ying, be careful not to stain your clothes while eating."

Yin Yu wiped Wei Yings' cheek that had sauce on it.

"Mhm!"

Nan Feng and Fu Yao were standing outside the pavilion but they were clearly listening. Wei Ying sat in between Xie Lian and San Lang. Jiang Fengmian cleared his throat.

"Where did you find Wei Ying...? I was looking for him back in Yiling but he was no where to be found..."

"We found him all bruised up with a very deadly fever. We took that chance to nurse him back to his health."

"Ah... I see, thank you so much..."

"After so, me and Gege went here to ask you if you were looking for Little Child but when we got here, a woman was bad mouthing him. No offense to you but we didn't want to give him back to a verbally abusive house."

"I'm very sorry about that time... Please excuse my wife..."

"There is no need to be sorry, Jiang Fengmian. After that incident we decided we will raise Wei Ying with us. So as time went we raised Wei Ying to the best of our capabilities."