Chapitre vingt : Le prince des trois royaumes

Mu Qing and Feng Xin stood up and knelt on one knee, with their hand on their hearts.

"Heavenly Emperor, Xie Lian."

The silence filled the room as other more people walked out from the door. Pei Ming had carried Wei Wuxian in his arms and walked over to Hua Cheng who held his umbrella tightly. If you're scared of other things like dogs and spiders, there's nothing more scary than Xie Lian getting mad or he himself drawing his sword. Yin Yu had carried Wei Wuxian like a toddler as Shi Qingxuan walked over to them and looked at her brother's robe. Gripping on tight on his arm as she glared at the latter. A disciple from the clan walked forward with shaky legs as he knelt down, his head reaching the ground.

"Heavenly Emperor, Xie Lian... Supreme Ghost King, Crimson Rain Sought Flower... Hua Cheng..."

Xie Lians' attention was diverted.

"Ah... You must be Lan Zhan? No?"

Lan Wangji stood up and lowered his head.

"Lan Zhan, thank you... For keeping my son company during his stay here..."

"Wangji! What nonsense is this?! Heavenly Emperor?! Supreme Ghost?!"

"Shut up! Geeze! There's no one who can be more annoying than me old fuck!"

Qi Rong had come out from the back as he walked over to Lan Qiren.

"Wei Ying, such a troublesome child... I offered to burn this place down, I think, or kill the other clans for him. He still refused."

He Xuan had walked over to the side, distancing himself from Shi Qingxuan who was too preoccupied with Wei Wuxian.

"The Lan Clan is famous for their never so dying righteousness and serenity. For being disciplined and highly intelligent. To think that you'd be this harsh on my son... Is just unpleasant to the ear..."

Xie Lian had a tight grip on his robes as he kept his tears in. He didn't want Wei Wuxian to be this hurt. He knows his son is mischievous and messy, he knows Wei Wuxian doesn't listen and goes his way. But he also knows that his son knows his faults and won't do the things he heard. One of the butterflies secretly delivered every conversation to Hua Cheng everyday to keep his son in check.

"What are you saying? Son? His parents were no cut-sleeves. His parents are dead."

"Dare mention his late parents again and I will burn these mountains to the ground."

"Hua Cheng-zhu... Please excuse my uncle..."

"Lan Zhan, you're kindhearted and delightful. You may look spiteful but I know you understand A-Ying. How come a child like you grew up with such a hateful uncle?"

"How dare you!"

"For fucks sake, Why can't we just hang em all upside down?! They hurt him, they die!"

"No..."

All eyes turned to the young master who had difficulty breathing.

"Darling..."

Xie Lian went to his son as he took his hand, with a warm soft smile on his face.

"We're going home after this, okay? We're taking you home..."

"Don't hurt them... Please... You don't have to do this... Not for me..."

"What are you talking about...? They hurt you..."

"But it's my fault..."

"It's not."

Hua Cheng let out a silver butterfly that flew to the center of the room. Enough to hear what it had to say. It replayed the conversation that happened last night, starting from Nie Huaisang coming in the room. Then the part where Lan Wangji came in and being dragged to sit on the decent tatami. Noises continued as they heard Wei Wuxian comment on Lan Wangjis' alcohol tolerance. The recording continued, Lan Wangji had a tint of red on his ears as they talked about making lanterns in the middle of the night.