Chapitre vingt-trois : Aller et retour

In Gusu, during the lectures itself.

"Is Master Lan Qiren possessed...?"

The only question they have in mind. Lan Qiren is... Smiling?! With butterflies swarming around him?! Lan Wangji couldn't peel his eyes off of the three butterflies that seem to like him, they would hang around by his hair and desk. He would smile slightly since he knows that Wei Wuxian sent these. Though the only one clueless and sad is Lan Xichen since he doesn't know.

[Why do they have cute butterflies but not me •́ ‿ ,•̀]

When Lan Qiren is alone, he would listen to the butterflies intently as it gives a message.

"Hey old man! How are you doing? Bet you don't have a qi deviation anymore? Hahaha! I hope they study well and all. Oh and can you tell Lan Zhan that I sent him some of my butterflies for company? They told me he was looking sad the past days. Well anyways! I hope you teach them good, can't wait for more stories about my parents. Thanks old man!"

Lan Qiren sighed as he drank from his tea.

"I should've known him better..."

Lan Xichen sat in front of him still sulking since he doesn't have butterflies.

[Can I have some? ( ;∀;)]

Lan Qiren saw his nephew that was desperately looking at the butterflies in his hair.

"Xichen? What's the matter?"

"Butterflies."

"Ah. These came from Young Master Wei. Wangji has them too."

[Unfair. ಥ‿ಥ]

"Are you often in contact with Wuxian?"

"Oh, yes. He frequently sends his unique butterflies to me that brings a message. He's s nice kid."

"I must agree. He's a very unique child and even if these butterflies are spirits, they are very unique."

"Talk about someone who's a son of both devil and a God."

"That is true. Though Wuxians' parents are really nice though. As long as their child is unharmed."

"Mn."

They drank tea as the butterflies slowly swarmed around Lan Xichen, making the other smile brighter.

[Thank You!]

Lan Qiren could only sigh, seeing how ignorant his nephew is.

In the library, Lan Wangji often plays with the golden butterflies that left gold dust everywhere they flew. Making the lad smile but fascinated that they can also lift him.

"What strength you have."

Lan Wangji continues to write as the butterflies continue to bother him the way their master did to him before. He sighs, continuing to write while the butterflies didn't stop bothering him.
_____________________________

In the Ghost realm, Wei Wuxian often sat by the Garden on Yin Yu's lap.

"Yu-ge, do you forgive them?"

"No."

"Why?"

"They hurt you."

"But they said sorry."

"Sorry isn't enough."

"And you call me stubborn."

"We have different perspectives on people, Healing."