Chapitre quinze : Le mal du pays

Wei Ying misses Paradise Manor. Even wanting to stop learning just to go back and be with his parents. But he knew to himself, that he shouldn't be a burden for them. He kept strong and stayed still in Cloud Recesses. Wei Ying walked through the Cloud Recesses' main hall where they were supposed to be having a meeting with a prominent person. Wei Ying sighed as he held Suibian tight in his hand. As he was passing by the open corridor, a voice broke from the inside.

"Losalfar?"

/Losalfar is a name of a God in greek mythology. Lan Qianqiu has read this once in an ancient scripture that came from another plane and decided to use it as a nickname for Wei Ying.\

"Huh? Is someone calling for me?"

In the inside, a man stood up with a soft smile. It was Lan Qianqiu.

"Qiu-Ge!"

Wei Ying entered and engulfed Lan Qianqiu in a hug.

"It's been 3 years! How have you been?!"

"I'm doing fine Gege, how about you?"

"Doing well, Losalfar."

Lan Qiren cleared his throat, a glare shot at Wei Ying.

"Lan Qianqiu Xiangsheng, what is your connection with the Yunmeng Jiang Disciple, Wei Wuxian?"

"Ah! He's my sworn nephew."

"Nephew?"

"Yes! I'm an acquaintance of his parents."

"But his parents are dead?"

"Oh not them, his adopted parents."

"Oh, uhm. Wei Wuxian, will you excuse yourself for a while? We're in a meeting."

Wei Ying looked at Lan Qianqiu with a smile.

"I'll see you later Gege."

Lan Qianqiu ruffled Wei Yings' hair before letting him leave, the meeting continued on.

"Hm, maybe he's here for a mission? Close enough. Going undercover just for it."

Wei Ying chuckled at the thought of Lan Qianqiu once again being a wondering God. Wei Ying couldn't find where Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang is at all. Wondering if the two of them left him be. Walking and walking again until he saw a boy practicing aiming near the waterfall.

"Hey!"

The boy jolted and almost hit Wei Ying with an arrow.

"Ah! I'm sorry!"

Wei Ying just snickered and walked over to the boy.

"Hi, I'm Wei Wuxian. You are?"

"Wen... Wen Ning."

"Nice name! Are you practicing here?"

"Yes but I'll go now!"

"No no! Don't go just yet. Let me help you!"

"Okay...?"

"Draw an arrow."

Wen Ning did as told, Wei Ying moved to the back and positioned Wen Nings' arms.

"Move your right higher and left lower. Draw the arrow back more. Move your left foot just a few more to the back. And Aim... Fire!"

The arrow perfectly hit the stone that was falling from the waterfall.

"Amazing! You just keep practicing that!"

"Yes, Young Master Wei."

"Hahaha, no need for formalities. Now, draw one more."