Chapitre dix-sept : Eaux noires

Wei Wuxian maneuvered his sword as he held on tightly to Su She's collar. The water borne abyssal parts attacked them continuously. Wei Wuxian lifted his head and saw an opening, seeing the worried Jiang Wanyin above him. Gritting teeth as he moved Suibian to go up. Jiang Wanyin had let out his hand to grab Wei Wuxian but instead, the young master threw Su She up in the air. Jiang Wanyin cought the Lan disciple as he saw his comrade loose balance on his sword and fall down into the deep waters. All he could see was him mouth something then smiled before falling in head first.

"WEI YING!"

As the young master fell into the waters, he was immediately dragged into the middle. Feeling the great amount of resentful energy enter him slowly as he began to choke in the water. Of course, how could he forget that he's only human? He held his breath to the best of his abilities as he tried to extract the resentful energy to finally end this waterborne abyss. A long skeleton of a fish then circled around him. No, did his wraith butterfly fly off to signal the nearest uncle or auntie he had?! As he saw a figure appear in front of him. It was He Xuan. The man in dark blue robes pulled Wei Wuxian close and placed their foreheads together, as if to talk telepathically.

"XIANGSHENG!"

"A-ying, what happened here?! Are you hurt?!"

"No no, I just want to stop this waterborne abyss and know who chased it here."

"You're running out of breath! Let me do this, go back up now!"

"No no, I can do this Xiangsheng. I promise."

"Stubborn child!"

Wei Wuxian began to choke on the water as it slowly filled his insides. He Xuan panicked because he didn't know what to do. He couldn't go up there and be a miraculous man who saved him. He can't call Hua Cheng now because he'll end up killing him and adding more to his dept. To his surprise, a white cloth grabbed Wei Wuxian from him and pulled him up. A smile of relief now plastered on his face as he locked his anger on the waterborne abyss. Quickly diminishing it and going off to find who chased such resentful energy here in Biling Lake.

Lan Wangji had retrieved Wei Wuxian from the water, as he did, he felt the waterborne abyss to be eliminated. Taking the young master to the closest grounds to lay him down and wake him up. Jiang Wanyin had pushed Su She away and ran to his friend as he shook him awake in a panic. Wei Wuxian wasn't breathing, panic rose inside of them as they heard someone passing through the crowd that has gathered around the unconscious young master.

"A-Ying! A-Ying!!"

The man had a masculine structure and a face that could make anyone fall for him, be it your daughter or your wife at that. The man knelt down besides the unbreathing young master as he began to give him spiritual energy.

"Excuse me, mister! What are you doing with Wei Wuxian?!"

"I'm his uncle! If only the news came faster I would've..."

"What is your name mister?"

"Pei Ming. Call me Pei Ming. I am his uncle, if only I knew he was in trouble I would've came fas..."

Pei Ming sweated more as he could not feel the pulse of his nephew.

"No no no... A-Ying! A-Ying wake up!"

Pei Ming had started performing traditional CPR on the young master. Jiang Wanyin could only watch in horror as the thoughts of his sworn brother dying corrupted his mind.

"A-Ying! Wake up now!"

Giving one last breath to Wei Wuxian along with three more chest compressions, the young master jerked back up with life. Coughing out water that has been stored inside him. Jiang Wanyins' legs betrayed him as he buckled and knelt on the ground in relief. Pei Ming had pulled the still weak young master in a tight hug as he felt his anxiousness slowly leave him. Every other disciples were relieved to see that none of them died today.