Chapitre dix-neuf : Je ne suis pas ma mère

Wei Wuxian woke up to the sound of the door loudly opening. A man in Lan robes looked at him with a glare.

"How shameless of you! Wei Wuxian!"

Wei Wuxian stood up as he cracked his neck. Early in the morning he had to face a disciple who seems to hate him. Wait no, it's Su She!

"What do you mean?"

"You don't think I know?! You snuck alcohol in and drank with Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huaisang! Even dragging the Second Jade of Gusu with your pathetic doings! You are truly shameless! A scum!"

"Oi, watch your words there."

"What do you mean watch my words?!"

Su She had unsheathed his sword as he pointed it at Wei Wuxian.

"I'll tell everyone that you had touched the Second Young Master Lan and I'll say that you've been making your way with him! Making him drunk and doing things as you please with him! You don't think I didn't notice what you did to him during your time in the Library Pavilion?! I'll tell everyone about this and your reputation will be over!"

Wei Wuxian began to sweat as Su She started to attack. He dodged every attack Su She gave. Calming the butterflies that were alerted with the danger this man was giving Wei Wuxian.

[Don't come out! It's nothing! He's harmless! Calm down!]

Su She had continued to attack the young master, causing Lan Wangji to wake up slowly. Rubbing his head as he saw the Lan disciple attacking Wei Wuxian who can't even fight back. Wei Wuxian froze in place as Su She slashed his saber, cutting through the fabric of the robe Shi Wudu gave him. He panicked.

[No... No no no... It's not damaged... Is it...?]

He glanced down to his arm and saw it bleeding along with a cut on his robe.

"No..."

Wei Wuxian glared at Su She who seemed to tremble as he saw the red color in the young masters eyes.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

The golden butterflies escaped his hair as they started swarming around Su She who swung his sword to scare the wraith butterflies away. Lan Wangji shot up from the bed and ran over to Wei Wuxian who was too blinded by anger. Remembering the words Wei Wuxian once told him in the Library Pavilion.

"They are harmless but they can hurt you when I tell them so..."

"This robe? A special uncle gave it to me when I was young. I don't want to loose this or even get it dirty. Damage this? Are you serious?! I would kill that person if they did. This is precious to me..."

Grabbing the young master by the shoulder as he shook him back to his senses.

"Wei Wuxian! Calm down! Wei Wuxian!"

Wei Wuxian had cut his eye contact with Su She as he looked at Lan Wangji with pent up tears in his eyes.

"Lan Zhan..."

"Second Young Master Lan! Get away from him! He will hurt you!"

"He wouldn't hurt me."

"Second Young Master Lan?! Have you been drunken enough to trust this scum?!"

Wei Wuxian panicked as he slowly retrieved the golden wraith butterflies to himself. Su She stood at the door as he chuckled. Running out of the dorm, Wei Wuxian slumped down on the floor as he looked at the robe he cherished so much. Lan Wangji had took Wei Wuxians' arm and checked the wound.