dirty candi

-3-

I have to admit, over the last week I've come to realize Luke's stellar at his job. I thought he'd be easy competition but really, he's comparable. Not to mention he's extremely charming.

This boy has no shame in flirting with anyone at this office... it got him in a little trouble with Nick, another producer here, and I'll be sad to say it didn't get him fired. Technically it could probably be seen as sexual harassment by HR but eh, I don't care.

Anyways he's been charming everyone at this place. Reggie, Ms. Taylor, even me... but that dosen't work because I hate his guts. And before someone goes off saying 'oh stop you love him' this isn't some fairy tale romance. This isn't a book or a movie. This is my boring ass life that just happens to have an extremely attractive jackass making it quite impossible to live.

I've turned into his little 'butterfly'. It's all he calls me. It would be cute if I liked him, but I don't. I wish he would just jump off a cliff, let me work in peace and not make me want to fall off a bridge every twenty seconds.

He can go suck my dick... ugh if I had one he'd probably like that.

I throw my earbuds in and turn on 'Wow' by one of my favourite girl groups, Dirty Candi. Carrie Wilson is somewhat my idol and I would lie if I didn't admit she's gorgeous as all hell. I'm only two or three years older, it's not that bad. At least I'm not simping over some man old enough to be my father.

I check my watch and groan. Half past nine pm. Everyone should be home by now. I'm still here because I had some paperwork to fill out and the time really got to me.

I get up and honestly, loose myself in the music. I dance around a little with one earbud in, humming along quietly. True, her music is a little self involved but that's all fun and games. It's like when boy bands make love songs, girls eat that shit up in the hopes of a guy saying that to her.

I jump up on the black leather couch, using my water bottle as a microphone as I lip sync the words.

Music is my escape, I don't sing much more but I'll hum and occasionally sing in the car or shower. In public however? Even if I'm alone I won't risk it.

And thank god for that-

The sound of clapping sounds from the doorway and I freeze. THIS is why you should never assume you're alone in a public place.

"Little butterflys got some moves huh?" Luke laughs, clapping his hands slowly. His shoulder leant against the door frame while one knee bends slightly.

"I thought I was alone- what are you doing here? It's late" I stutter, taking my headphones out.

Luke shrugs, "Can't get my mind off of a project I'm working on. That's against the point, Dirty Candi fan eh?"

"How'd you-"

"You were mumbling the lyrics" He chuckles, his tongue pressed to the inside of his mouth, shaking his head as he walks over to his locker. "I should have guessed, you seem like that kinda girl"

"What does that mean!" I scoff, taking a seat at a table in the middle of the room.

"You're the kinda girl who hasn't been laid since high school or at all. So you listen to music about self absorbed bitches who believe they're all that to feel... fulfilled?" He states, taking his backpack out of his locker.

I sit baffled, does he really think he can speak to me that way? "Why are you such a jerk to me?" I stutter. Way to seem confident Jules-

"You're younger, I get that so you probably haven't had many jobs before. Let me tell you this, I come to work so that I can get payed and enjoy what I do. Not to make friends with a twenty year old girl" Luke talks as if he's a teacher, educating me.