deleted

-17-

I look over at my phone, eyes widening at the view of who's on the other side of the line.

Reggie is calling...

"Answer it!" Luke raises his voice, waving his hands around as I flinch forward and clutch the phone in between my fingers.

"Hello?" I answer, putting the phone on speaker, holding it infront of me.

"Good god, finally. What the fuck is going on there?" Reggie's voice is someone drowned out, sounding like he's on Bluetooth in his car.

I sigh and look up, "At the office, Luke and I are trapped in the fucking elevator"

Reggie groans, "Ok so that was you"

"What was us?" Luke laughs, looking down at the phone with a raised eyebrow.

"Well hello Luke" Reggie chuckles, "When there's movement on the cameras at certain hours, we get pinged. Seeing as there was movement in the elevator at three in the morning, I got alerted. I'm on my way"

A sigh escapes Luke's lips but there's still one pressing question on my mind, "Who can watch the camera tapes?"

"Myself and Flynn. Why?"

My eyes go wide, looking over at Luke who's snickering. He's fucking laughing. "Is there any way to... delete them?"

Reggie goes silent for a minute, the roar of his car the only thing a person could hear. "I'm about to get into the office. Give me a minute" Reggie states before the phone line goes black.

"Oh my god we are soooooo dead" I place my phone down, standing up and pacing myself around and around.

"Would you stop it?" Luke huffs, "We're going to be ok. You're overthinking this"

"No! Nuh nuh no. We are going to get fired, you're gonna loose any chance at being the huge producer we all know you can be-"

As I'm pacing, I hardly notice Luke standing up. I also don't notice him walking over, taking my shoulders in his hands to stop my movement. "Would you stop it?" He whispers.

I sigh, hanging my head before I look back up at him, "Ok but there's so much that might happen. I mean I gave you a fucking blowjob at work, do you know how-"

A gasp leaves my lips as Luke is pressing his mouth into mine. "Would you shut the fuck up?"

"Well you don't gotta be so mean about it" I mumble, swinging my leg back and forth with a huff.

Luke rubs my cheek with a huff in chorus to mine, "Neither of us are getting fired. It's all fine. We'll be-"

Like a sock was stuffed into his mouth, Luke stopped talking. Almost by a miracle you could say, that thing never stops talking. But I don't hate him for it, I find peace in his chatter. You might know the sock, also known as the electronic whirl of the elevator doors opening.

Luke and I push as far apart from each other when Reggie stands in the door frame of the elevator. "Blare the trumpets, because Reggie's here to rescue you"

I shoot up from the floor, sprinting up towards Reggie and into the sweet embrace of his arms around me. "Oh my god. Oh my fucking god" I lay on the bridge of tears, wondering what's gonna cause that tension to snap and make the tears start steaming down my face.

Reggie chuckles as my head tucks into his neck. One arm goes around my torso while the other pulls me impossibly close on the back of my head. "Let's get you guys some food eh?"

Luke and I sit on one end of the booth while Reggie sits on the other. None of us had said much of a word since escaping that elevator. Reggie's fingers tap against the table top, "So are you guys hungry?"

My lips purse out into a line, sucking on my tongue. My jaw clenches together and I lie unsure what to say. "Yeah? Alright uhhh" Reggie doesn't even let us get a word in before he pokes his head over and catches the attention of the waiter.

"Hey guys. My names Braden, can I take your order? Maybe get you started on something to drink?" He says tapping his pen against the notepad in his hand.

"Yeah. I'll take a coffee and these two..." Reggie gestures towards us, ready to order.

"Uhhh" Luke starts, "I'll just take the same as him, with cream and sugar" He looks over at me. My thumb tracing circles into the fake wood of the table. "She'll have an iced coffee, two packets of sweetener. Thanks"

Braden jots down the drink offers and nods, "Great, I'll let you guys be and I'll be back shortly"

"Great, thanks" Reggie nods as the three of us are left alone. "So, after checking, there's nothing on the security tapes"

My eyes widen as they flinch up to look at Reggie. "What?" I say my first words since I was in Reggies arms last.

"Yeah. Seems like the audio and video has been down for the last day" Reggie looks up at me with a smile, adding on a little wink to that.

Luke and I look at eachother. Widened eyes, raised eyebrows that are screwed together, clenched jaws and overall confused glares. We're like a mirror of the other. "What about the-"

"Look Jules" Reggie sighs, "Unless something more happened that y'all don't want me to know about, my hands are tied. I took care of it, made sure nobody saw or could see the... things you guys did"

"You're not gonna... tell, right?" Luke sighs. Hands that were in his lap migrated left to be grazing my thigh, slowly moving to rest there.

Reggie laughs, shaking his head, "Who or why would I tell? Like, 'Hey, Julie and Luke hooked up in the elevator this weekend.' No I wouldn't tell anyone. As long as it was entirely consensual, I don't fucking care"

I chew on my inside of my cheeks, "Did you watch it?" I mumble.

"What? Ew no, why the fuck would I watch it? I fast forwarded through the entire thing but I didn't watch it like some porno, ew that would be- Ew" His face looks like it would rather eat a thousand shards of glass than that.

Luke squeezes my thigh lightly, "So we're all good?" He says unsure, looking over at me then back at Reggie.

"Of course guys. Everyone has seen the tension between you guys in the last few months. I'm happy for you guys, really"

Luke and I look over at eachother, "And we're good?" He asks me.

"Of course we are"

~
Monthly update of this. It's now my only published book, so I guess it's easier to focus on it. Ima get back, I promise... Im not the best with promises.... Alright see you in April- just kidding... maybe not.