what happens in the copy room stays in the copy room

-18-

Monday morning came too soon. Way too soon. When I say this weekend was spent laying on the couch, wearing sweatpants and wondering what the fuck happened Friday evening, I wouldn't be lying.

Part of me had no desire or excitement to be heading into work. Not because I hate my job, don't they say work doesn't feel like work when you love your job? Whatever, I'm getting off topic. I'm not dreading work, I'm dreading the person who I'm working in close contact with.

My history with sex isn't exactly the most innocent. But those people never happened to be my close contact coworkers. They were never men or women... I knew well enough. This is going to be frustrating.

The reluctant hand wraps around the door handle. "It's just Luke" I say quietly, as the door handle is tugged forward. I take a couple steps in when a nauseous feeling walks over me. "It's just Luke" I chant in a whisper, might as well be silent really.

I wave to Cathy, the receptionist, and walk to the left in the direction of the cubicles. All of them empty like a wasteland, including Lukes. When I get closer to mine, I observe a little something ontop of the placemat protecting my desk from my somewhat clumsy ass.

A cup of Starbucks coffee and a banana loaf in that brown and green paper bag. A little note written beside it in the most child-like hand writing believable. 'Just a little good morning. I'm in the conference room'

I chew on my inner cheek once more. Nervous tick of mine I guess. Not all too sure when I picked it up. "Good god" I mumble, putting my stuff down and away before taking my stuff (and the food, obviously won't leave this) to the conference room.

Walking towards the doors, I hear a bunch of voices bouncing lyric ideas off of eachother. "Hey what about..." I shake my head to Luke's voice as I push through the doors. "Butterfly, hey" He beams in my direction, a cleared seat beside him.

I smile and look around. Carrie, Alex, Reggie, and Luke, all sit around the table with four empty seats. I take the one closest to Carrie, for better... working... stuff...

"Hey guys" I nod, taking a sip of the coffee Luke got me. Exactly what I like. He watches I guess. "What are we working on?"

"We just need to finish track three" Reggie clicks his pen a couple times before twirling it around, "It's a tough one. Draining and tough"

I nod. "Ok, do we have anything?" The question passes my lips and I immediately shake my head, doesn't seem like they're getting anywhere. My eyes wander over to where Luke is sitting. His posture is loose yet tense. He isn't relaxed but is trying to make it seem like that.

"Got a couple things. As much as we can at eight in the morning" Carrie sighs, resting her fist against her cheek.

"Weren't you supposed to be away this week?" I look over at her, raising an eyebrow.

She just shrugs, "Decided to keep working. I can't really take the week off"

I nod and look across at Luke. His notebook sprawled infront of him with a bunch of work in it, "Luke? What's all that?"

He snaps himself into reality and looks around, "Oh uh" His eyes glance down to the pages that hardly have room to add more, anywhere. "Just some stuff for the song"