getting hr involved

-8-

I lean back against my bed and stare at a photo on my phone that I haven't brought myself to delete. The only photo to exist of all four of us, not that we can make new ones anyways.

Hayden, Noah, Carlos and I. We look so happy... well sorta. Hayden looks happy, Noah is forcing a smile, if you look close you can see tear stains under my eyes. I remember Carlos being to young to understand what was going on.

I remember that's was one of the last days I had my self worth in check. Life sucked after that.

I brush a tear away from my cheek and breathe out. Seeing Noah there the other day. Her statement about always being a Rivera at heart. I've never really been a huge believer on given families. Let just say Rivera is my middle name. Julie Rivera Molina. I hate it, fucking hate it. So let's just move on and forget about her.

I hate her so much. It should've been her. It should not have been my saint of a brother. He didn't deserve a single thing handed to him. He was the kinda guy who'd do anything you needed or even wanted without a single expectation.

I shake my head from its thoughts of my family and get out of bed, "Let's not do this today" I mumble, slapping my bed as I get up and groan. An hour later in out of the door with everything I need in hand.

"Fuck" I mumble, banging my head slightly against the door of my locker.

Luke looks at me from his spot and raises an eyebrow, "You good butterfly?" He laughs.

"Forgot my fucking lunch" I kick my locker and scoff. Luck gets up, walks up to his locker and opens it up. "What are you doing?"

Luke grabs out an apple and throws it at me, "Thanks" I mumble, smiling softly. Luke sorta shrugs it off before grabbing some of his paperwork and leaving the room without a second word.

I bang my head against the locker and go a little light-headed. That hurt, it's hard- that's what she... never mind. This fucking hurt my head.

"You're gonna dent your head if you keep doing that Ms. Molina"

I turn and laugh, seeing Mr. Mercer- Alex leaning against the door frame. "Hey Alex" I laugh softly as I move towards him.

"Am I allowed to be in here?" He raises an eyebrow and takes a seat in one of the staff couches.

I shrug and sit across from him, "If you don't get caught" We both laugh as I twirl Lukes apple in my hand.

"So you're engaged?" I ask, gesturing to his hand with the engagement band and he nods.

"Getting married next year-ish" He smiles, "Willie, William, been together for three years and he finally asked. What about you? Any guy? Girl? Whatever?"

I laugh and shake my head, "I haven't had a boyfriend since I was like... fifteen? And do we even count those relationships. Honestly, I haven't really dated" I groan, leaning back in my seat.

Alex crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow, "Why's that?"

I sigh and rub my sweat coated hands on my pants, "When I was fifteen, something happened to me. Slept around a little to cope but that ruined commitment for me" I shrug, leaning my head back.

"I'm sorry hun, that sucks. I understand the abandonment thing though. My dad walked out before I was even born" He shrugs, "It's just a part of life right?"

I nod and sigh, "Life fucking sucks" I laugh.

"You get it" He reacher forward and nudges my shoulder, I laugh. "Y'a know, Carrie speaks highly of you. She likes you" He smirks.