interrupted

-19-

"YES!" I scream, jumping up as I throw my hands in the air. "Holy Mary mother of God we did it!" I squeal, jumping up and down.

Carrie stands in the recording studio, giggling and smiling at my reaction, though she can't hear me. She removes the headphones from her ears and places them on the little hook. "What if-"

"Carrie" Luke leans forward in his seat, pressing the button to talk to her, "We got this, that was it, that was the take"

"We did it" I whisper under my breath, covering my mouth with my hands. "Holy shit we did it"

Luke looks back at me, pressing his tongue into his cheek, "You good there butterfly?"

My smile drops off my lips and I roll my eyes, "Shut up, this is big"

"That's what you were saying last night too" Luke smirks, biting his lip and looking me up and down. My jaw drops, gapping at him. "I'm not wrong"

I cross my arms and tap my left foot a couple times. "You're paraphrasing" I mumble, sucking my lips tight into my mouth. Luke's smirk makes me roll my eyes.

"That's not denying it"

"Why deny what's tru-"

The door to the recording studio opens up and Carrie steps out. "Hey, I wasn't sure if you guys were done or not... we good?"

I press my finger under my eyes and smile, "Yeah. Yeah we're great. I think we got this album done and recorded"

Carrie's face lights up like a kid on Christmas. A huge ass smile sitting on her cheek, "Really? Oh my god!" She screams, jumping up and down. Her arms wrap around me, taking me off guard. "This is incredible!"

I laugh as my hands rub against her back, "It is. It really is" I smile as Carrie jumps over to Luke's arms, hugging him tight as ever. "Ok but I gotta get home, see you guys tomorrow? We'll work on the fine print and details later. For now, my bed calls me"

Let's just say the last month hasn't been easy. We all worked straight through the holidays, leaving not a moment at home or for ourselves. None of us cared.

Let's also just say things between Luke and I haven't exactly been... safe for work...

"Luke," I moaned, my nails digging into his back. His hand slid under my shirt and unclipped my bra, without leaving my neck. He got my shirt off, then peeled my bra away from my body.

He kissed down my chest, then began on my boobs. His tongue flicked my nipple, making my head roll back since he knows just what to do. "Like that, butterfly?"

"Fuck, keep going." I whined. Luke just smirked and kept doing what he was doing. He switched to the other side, then kissed down my stomach. Just as he was about to get my pants off, the door opened.

Luke shot up, pressing his body against mine. "Luke, do you know whe- fuck." August. Of course.

"This really isn't a good time." Luke said, through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, I can tell. Hey Julie." They flashed me a small wave and I returned it. "I'll be downstairs. Please don't get her pregnant."

"Yeah, yeah, please shut the door" Luke, clearly irked, grunts out to his sibling who does exactly as he asked. Luke lays down as I grab my shirt and throw it back on, "Sorry about them"

I shrug and crawl over to him, laying on Lukes stomach as I trace little patterns. His lips land on my forehead and a smile appears on mine, one I didn't ask for, "You put in your two weeks yet?"

I look up at Luke as he's shaking his head 'no', the answer I expected to get, "I need to find a job first. I mean I live at home, have good savings. When my father passed I inherited a shit ton of money"

I raise an eyebrow as my leg bends to lay over his, getting more comfortable in my spot, "Have you thought about anything?"

"The dream would be to stay in the music industry. Producing came naturally to me but I always wanted to be on the other side of the glass and not the one pressing buttons"

Something hits me, sparking me up out of my comfortable position. "You can sing"

Luke looks at me confused, raising an eyebrow back at me as he props himself up on his elbows, "Is that a question or statement?"

I roll my eyes at him and glance over to the guitar in the corner of his room, "You play guitar, you sing. I produce."

Luke raises his eyebrow, sucking on his teeth as he pulls me closer around the waist, "Y'know, that doesn't sound horrible" He mumbles, leaning his forehead against mine. "As long as you're supporting me"

I bite down on my lip to hold back a smile which gets through regardless, "You're crazy bro"

"You've shoved your tongue down my throat how many times and you're calling me 'bro'? Really?" I raise an eyebrow and roll my eyes at his crazy words.

"Remind me who's in love here?" I flick his forehead, "I call everyone bro, it's just what I do"

Luke rolls his eyes like a mirror to myself, entwining our fingers. Our bodies are one, one person, one body, just us. The silence has become our thing, laying in each others arms in a silent embrace. It's our thing.

We spend a second starring before...

"LUKE THE KITCHENS ON FIRE"