dissociative identity disorder

-7-

lukes pov

I watch Julie run out of the hotel room in a quick sped up rush and I can't help but kick myself in agony.

I lay back in her bed and sigh, what the fuck dude? She was probably hammered last night and was scared to see me laying, half naked, in her bed.

I mean seriously? I got my work done early to make it to this conference and all that happens is my co-worker gets sexually assaulted and I make some dumbass comment about her making me hard? Jesus Christ I'm fucked up.

I sit up in bed and grab my phone from my pants pocket and check the thousands of texts from my brother. "Fuck" I mumble, quickly calling him back.

"Where the fuck are you?" My brother shouts into the phone after letting it ring out once. So I know who answered the phone...

"I'm sleeping" I groan, rubbing my eyes. "And watch your language"

"It's noon and you aren't in your bed"

"You checked my room!" I shout as I get out of bed and start getting dressed.

"You're twenty five and still living at home with you mom and younger brother. There are bigger issues here than that"

"Shut up" I scoff, shaking my head, "Oakley has football tonight, I'll be home in time for that so be sure you're ready- wait a second" I sit on the edge of the bed and sigh, "Why are you calling me during the school day?"

"You called me"

"Fair point... ok I gotta go" I scoff, checking the time.

"And leave your helpless, ill, baby brother all alone-"

"Shut up you piece of shit, you're not sick. I'll see you after school" I roll my eyes and hang up the phone.

This is going to be a long day.

I run into the office and spot Julie working at her desk with computer in front of her. The way she pinned her bun perfectly above her head, her glasses sliding down her nose slightly. I don't know why she wears those stupid things when I know she has 20/20 vision.

I walk over to her, grab an extra chair and in a swift motion, turn it backwards and straddle the back of the chair, "What do you want jackass" Julie mumbles, not even looking up at me.

"I think we should talk" I say in a lowered tone, "About what happened last night"

"Talk about what? That I was assaulted and then woke up in a bed with you? What are you taking the whole 'your hands stay off my girl thing' seriously?" She scoffs, slamming her lyrics book shut before turning to me.

My eyes widen as she repeats the words I spoke last night, "How much do you remember?"

"All of it. I got one fucking sip of my drink so I didn't even get a buzz. I remember you holding me, carrying me to my room and asking to grab my key out of my pocket. I remember you tucking me in then me asking you to stay. I remember you undressing then telling me I can do the same. I remember all of it"

I want nothing more than to hold her again. It felt amazing to be wanted like that. Not that it was great about the whole assault part but you get the idea.

"I'm... if I overstepped" I mumble.

"I'm sorry? Speak up" Her grin one of pearly whites and perfect teeth. One I want to see every- Fuck Luke no, you're not falling for another one.