Chapter 4- First Lesson

Johnny stood in his black gi in front of Bella and Miguel, the two standing very awkwardly

Johnny stood in his black gi in front of Bella and Miguel, the two standing very awkwardly. The three just stood in silence until Miguel spoke up, "so are we gonna get the karate pajamas too?"

"Quiet!" Johnny yelled, causing the teens to flinch. "The students only speak when spoken to, is that understood."
"Yes." Both replied, Johnny looked at them with a raised eyebrows. "Yes, sir?" Miguel asked unsurely. "Always address me as sensei, is that understood."

"Yes sensei." The two answered in unison. "These aren't pajamas, this is a gi, and you'll get one when you've earned it." Jonny answered Miguels previous question.
"Ready to begin your training."

"Yes sensei." They say together once again. In a quick motion, Johnny rushed over and grabbed Bella, flipping her over onto the ground. Bella groaned as her back hit the ground, soon enough Johnny did the same to Miguel. "Lesson one, strike first. Never wait for the enemy to attack." Johnny said, pushing himself off the floor.

"You couldn't have given me a warning." Bella groaned as Miguel helped her up. "Quiet! We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here on the street, in competition, a man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy, what is the problem, Mr.Diaz."

Isabella looked over at the boy next to her, only to see him taking some puffs from his inhaler. "There's no problem sensei, you punched me, and I have asthma so.." Miguel explained, Johnny quickly grabbed his inhaler, tossing it at the wall, causing it to break.

"Not anymore. We do not allow weakness in this dojo. So you can leave your asthma and your peanut allergies and all that other made up bullshit outside, understand." Johnny rambled.
Miguel looking at Bella, then Johnny in confusion and shock.

"Yes, but those are real medical problems. I was-" Miguel started but then Bella elbowed his side, Miguel glancing at her, then at Johnny.
He sighed, "yes sensei, understood."

"Cobra Kai isn't just about karate. It's about a way of life. Take that first lesson. Striking first is the initial steps towards victory, ok? Like when you're at a party and you see a hot babe. You don't wait for another guy to talk to her first, do you?"
Miguel looked at the girl next to him before Johnny noticed, he blushed, as his eyes traveled her facial features.

He looked at his Sensei, and answered,
"I mean, I've never been to a party. So.."
"Big surprise."
Bella let out a snort as Johnny continues. "Alright look. Striking first is about being aggressive, all right? If you're not aggressive, you're a pussy, and you don't wanna be a pussy, you wanna have balls."

"Don't you think you're doing a lot of genderizing?" Bella spoke up for the first time in a while. Johnny turning his head to the girl, giving her a look, then looked at Miguel who was already staring at her. "What?"
"Oh, um, sorry, um don't you think you're doing a lot of genderizing, sensei?"