Chapter 7- dinner time

"Kyler, this is Sams dad, Daniel

"Kyler, this is Sams dad, Daniel. And this is her friend, Isabella." Amanda introduced, Kyler shook Daniels hand with a smile before his eyes fell on Bella.

Isabella slightly grinned, "hey, Kyler."
Kyler knew he couldn't mess with her, but that didn't stop him.

"Cherry, hey." He smirked as he saw her demeanor change, but so did Daniel. "Cherry?" The man asked. Kyler and Bella looked at him, but before the girl could respond, Kyler jumped into the conversation.

"Don't worry, Mr. LaRusso. It's just a nickname we call her, right Bella." The girl discreetly glared at him, she took a breath then nodded, "yeah."

Daniel watched Bella closely, noticing her tense body, before anyone could speak, Sam walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey!" She exclaimed happily, pulling Bella into a hug before doing the same to Kyler.

"Hey, Sam." Bella replied with a smile.
"Well, shall we get started." Amanda asked, clapping her hands in joy.
"Yes, we shall." Daniel answered.

Everyone than walked over to the table and took their seats.
Bella on Sams left, Kyler on her right. Amanda took the seat next to Kyler.
Making Daniel sat next to Bella. Which made her feel relieved.

A small cutting board had been placed on the table, with a couple of raw pieces of fish and nice looking knife was placed next to it.

"The Yangai, or Yanagiba, depending on the region is a knife used exclusively for cutting sashimi," Daniel explained as he cut through the fish.
"I picked up this bad boy on my first trip to Okinawa." He placed the knife down before picking up the cut fish and placed it onto a plate.

"Viola! The famous LaRusso Ponzu Toro." He poured the sauce over it, than the plate down next to Kyler.
The three women clapped while Kyler looked at the plate with a little disgust.
"Oh, no, thank, I don't like sushi." He states, Isabella trying not to laugh.

"Oh.. are you sure you just don't wanna try a little piece?" Amanda tried, noticing the somewhat hurt look on daniels face, "it melts in your mouth." Daniel insisted.

Kyler shook his head, "No. fish kind of grosses me out." Kyler says, looking around at the others, who all held awkward expressions.
Daniel shared a look with both teen girls.
"No, you like fish. What about the fish sticks at school?" Sam asked, feeling embarrassed about his behavior.

While the awkwardness didn't help anyone, Bella hung her head low, trying to hold in her laughs.

"Oh yeah, fish sticks are dope. You have fish sticks?" Kyler asked. Daniel looked down with a grimace, "uh, no, just this fresh fish I picked up from the Japanese market this morning." Daniel replied, slightly angry.