Chapter 18- interesting times

Isabella and Daniel decided to practice some karate in a back room of the dealership

"I promise the next lesson will be at my house. I've made some upgrades to the room." Daniel told Bella as she checked the time. "Yeah. OK, well I've got to go now, but thanks for the lesson, Mr. LaRusso." He smiled, "of course." He told back.

Bella ran out of the back room into the main room walking to the entrance, with skateboarding hand as she heard her name getting called.
"Hey, Bella." Robby jogged over to her, "oh, Robby, hey. I was just going." She told, her tone being soft.
"Well, uhm- I was wondering if I could get your number." He asked, "yeah sure."

They exchange numbers and took selfies for the contact pictures. "Ok. Great, I'll text you later" he told with a toothy smile.
"Promise?" she teased.
"Of course, can't have anyone else hitting on you, now can I." He laughed before Bella winked at him and left.

Bella skated to the dojo and quickly ran into the building as everyone was just about to get on the mat.
"Isa- you were almost late. Are you ok?" Miguel asked, grabbing her hand.
"Yeah, sorry, I had to deal with my mom. Emergency." She told with a lipped smile.

Of course she hated lying to Miguel, but she couldn't tell him, he'd probably tell Johnny. Either way, Bella didn't want to see the consensus's.

"Ok everybody, fall in." Johnny instructed, walking into the room as he noticed less students and a very sweaty Isabella. Johnny had been getting very suspicious of Bella recently, for some reason he felt like she was hiding something from him.

"Where is everyone? Crater face? Nose ring? Slingshot?" He asked, looking around the room.
"They quit, Sensei." Miguel muttered, shuffling his feet.
"Are you serious?" Johnny asked, being somewhat upset. "I mean, good. That was a test. I wanted to see who the quitters are. Not you guys. You're in it to win it, right? You could be at home playing your
Icomputers, playing your video games, eating candy. Instead, you're here, doing push-ups, Learning how to fight." Johnny looks over to Eli and pointed straight at him.

"Lip. Look. Even lips tougher than those guys. He's no quitter." Johnny said, "could you please not call me that." Eli asked feeling embarrassed. "Excuse me, what?" Johnny questioned.
"I said, could you please not call me that." Eli repeated, looking everywhere excepted Johnny.

"Uh, we can warm them up, sensei." Bella cut in, feeling tension starting to build up.
"No, lip has something he wants to say." Johnny said putting his hand up, "sorry, speak up, lip. Or is your tongue messed up to? Are you one of those challenged kids?" Johnny questions the poor boy.
"Um, The doctor said I could be on the spectrum."
"I don't know what that is, but get off of it pronto. all right? If you don't want me to call you lip, don't have a weird lip. Can't you get surgery for that?"
"I was born with a cleft lip. This is the scar from the surgery." Eli rein-formed the man.

"You mean it was worse before that? Or did the doctor just screw up? Because if this is the after photo, that sucks, man. You should Sue."

"Can we just please change the topic?" Eli asked desperately. "You don't think I want to? It's tough when it's right in front of me. If you wanna be something other than a nerd with a scar on his lip, you gotta flip the script. Ok? Get a tattoo or go your eye out, we'll call you patch all right? No don't do that one. You'll still look like a freak." Johnny ranted as Eli looked around in embarrassment as his eyes were glazed over, he quickly stormed off the mat and went to the back.

"Oh great, really? Another quitter." Johnny scoffed has Bella and Miguel exchanged a look and nodded.
Once class was all over and every kid left. Bella and Miguel knocked on Johnny's office door.
"Go away. No more lessons today." He said well opening a beer but both teenagers ignored him and walked into the room.

"Did you have to be so hard on them?" Bella told as she put her phone on the desk. "Oh come on you two, they're a bunch of losers." Johnny replied, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, well, some of those losers are our friends" Miguel told, "yeah that tracks."

"And they're are your students, you wanted a full dojo, you got one." Bella stated sternly. "Not full like that." Johnny said leaning back and taking a sip of his beer.
"Yeah, we get it, all right?" They're losers. Maybe we're losers too." Miguel said making eye contact with the girl next to him.

"Are you kidding me? Are you guys gonna cry now too?" Johnny remarked.
"No, it's... never mind. It's just.. you don't know what it's like to be us. I'll see you tomorrow." Miguel ranted before storming out of the room.
"He just needs to cool off." Bella reassured noticing Johnny's distressed facial expression.

And suddenly Bella's phone lit up on the desk, signaling that she got a text message.
But right as Bella was gonna grab it Johnny quickly got it first.
"Hey! What the hell!" She exclaimed.

"You got a message from Robby, ouuuu, who's Robby, your boyfriend?" He asked with the teasing smirk.
"No dummy, he's literally someone I met today." Bella replied.
Johnny opened the text message but once he did his face immediately dropped when he had noticed that it was his son who texted her.

"Something wrong sensei?" Bella asked worried by his change of demeanor.
"What. Oh, yeah. I'm fine, you should probably go. I've gotta lock up anyways." He said handing her phone back.
She nodded, "ok then, see you tomorrow."

Bella walked out of the office and smiled at her phone.

Robby: told ya I'd text you :)

Bella left and quickly replied as she's soon skated home.

——

Okay everybody I just wanna say sorry that I haven't updated the story in a very long time my mother was in the hospital and I was there with her so I didn't have anything to help me make this.

It is a somewhat short chapter I wasn't gonna make it long because I'm very very tired I am finally home.
But yeah if you enjoy it I hope you did and I hope you're having a wonderful day and night or whatever time period that you are in right now.
OK bye now.