謎 ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ

Taehyung looked at Jimin, his brown eyes distressed

Taehyung looked at Jimin, his brown eyes distressed. The shorter gulped, gripping the sides of the chair tighter. Jimin stood up and the guests watched as he walked over to Taehyung.

The shorter pulled Taehyung into a hug, rubbing his back. Taehyung gripped Jimin tightly in his arms, seeking comfort from his boyfriend. "You believe me, right? Jimin-ah, you believe me?" Taehyung gasped.

"I—" Jimin hesitated.

"Jimin, please!" Taehyung pulled back, staring straight into the other's eyes. "You know I would not kill someone!" Jimin swallowed, before drawing Taehyung closer again and wrapping his arms around the taller.

"I-I believe you. Okay? I believe you." Taehyung released his breath, relaxing slightly.

Jimin believed him.

Jiyong walked back into the room, carrying a limp figure. Areum wailed louder, her face scrunching up at the sight of her husband's lifeless form hanging from her father in-law's arms. The groom's father had tears streaming down his face. He gently placed his son down at the centre of the room and took off his blazer to cover the groom's corpse with it.

"C-Call the cops." Jiyong muttered to his wife.

"W-What?"

"Call the cops, god dammit!" Jiyong yelled, glaring at the groom's mother. She gulped, rushing over to her purse and pulling out her phone. Her eyes widened and she raised her phone up higher into the air.

"T-There is no signal!"

Jiyong froze before letting out an anguished cry. His head shot up and he glared at Taehyung. "You!" Jiyong launched off the ground and charged to the other male. Hoseok rushed over next to Jimin who was already blocking Taehyung.

"W-Wait, hear him out!" Jimin pleaded. Jiyong panted furiously as Hoseok stopped him from going any further.

"I will find who did this!" Jiyong yelled, his voice reverberating off the walls. "And I will not spare them!"

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

It had been an hour.

Everyone was still trapped inside the building, the attempts at opening the doors not successful. A few of the guests were still trying to pry open the doors, but they were sealed shut.

While a group of people tried looking for exits, others walked around and checked on scared families. Areum's father, Gukdoo, was comforting his daughter, who had now quietened down, only sniffling here and there.

The atmosphere in the room was tense.

Jimin sat holding Taehyung's hand at their table. Soojin, the bride's sister, walked over with another male next to her.

"Is everything alright here?" She asked. Hoseok nodded before looking at a pale Ten next to him.

"Yeah, just recovering."

The man next to Soojin nodded. "Take all the time you need. It must have been terrifying to walk in on that." He said. "By the way, I am Wonho. Soojin's boyfriend." Hoseok reached out his hand to shake the other's.

Wonho glanced over at Jimin and Taehyung across the table before approaching them. "You guys okay?"

Jimin smiled slightly. "Yes, just a bit tense. Thank you for asking though."

"No problem." Wonho hesitated before speaking again. "Do you...mind if we question you guys later? Areum's father in-law wanted to interrogate any possible—" Wonho paused, looking at Taehyung for a split second. "Suspects."

Taehyung clenched his hand into a fist and Wonho noticed it. The latter panicked, rushing to explain. "I-I mean, not that I think you are a suspect, but that is just what Dongin's father said. I—those are his words, not mine!"

"I-It is okay!" Jimin interjected. "We will answer any questions as best as we can."

"Thank you."

Once Wonho and Soojin left, Jimin turned to Taehyung, furrowing his eyebrows. "You need to control your temper."

"You are not the one being accused of murder." Taehyung spat. Jimin sighed, caressing Taehyung's large hands in his smaller ones.

"I know, but please, Taehyung? We will clear your name, okay?" Jimin leaned forward and pressed his forehead to his boyfriend's. The taller sighed, pecking Jimin's lips.

"I will try."

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

do you guys think taehyung did it? 🤔

- miinyoonqix