謎 ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ

The figure slit the man's throat, watching crimson blood gush out from the wound

The figure slit the man's throat, watching crimson blood gush out from the wound. The latter struggled to stand straight as he fumbled back and gasped for air, hand clutching his neck where a searing pain shot through. In seconds, he was dead. The figure looked down at their hands, a sinister smirk appearing on their lips. The murderer abandoned the corpse and made their way to the bathroom, deciding to remove the red stain on their skin.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

"Yongsun-ah!" A woman wailed as she watched her son's body get carried to the center of the room. Tears streamed down her face as her eyeliner ran with it, splashing onto her dress and soaking it.

"Another—dead." Areum's father grimaced. His daughter had a pale face as she stared at the body being covered.

Jiyong banged his fist on the table, letting out an irate yell. "Bring me Jeon Jungkook and his plus one!" Dongin's father demanded, reading off the guest list. Jungkook gulped and signaled towards Hwasa to stand up. They walked over to the 'interrogation' table and sat down. Jiyong sat before them, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

"Tell me: what is your relationship to Dongin." The groom's father looked at Jungkook. The male swallowed.

"I am actually Areum's friend, so I have only met him once." Jungkook answered timidly. Jiyong raised his eyebrow.

"How did you feel about him in the first impression?"

Jungkook glanced at Hwasa. "I—did not like him...because he drank my banana milk." The male quietly responded, embarrassed of the childish reason. Hwasa tried to stifle her laugh and Jiyong glared at her.

"What do you find so funny?" He asked sternly. She snorted.

"Are you—" Hwasa laughed, trying to calm down. "Are you going to write down that Jungkook is a suspect because Dongin drank his banana milk?" Hwasa asked, snickering. "No offense, Mr, but that is hilariously stupid."

"I—was not going to do anything like that." Jiyong muttered. "That is besides the point. When did you two arrive?"

Hwasa leaned back against the chair. "We got here late. Just before Taehyung and Jimin." She informed. "Can we leave now, sir?" Jiyong rolled his eyes after realizing they were not that suspicious.

"Go."

Hwasa smirked after seeing she had gotten under his skin. She pulled Jungkook up and walked back to their table.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

Taehyung pulled Jimin into the bathroom cubicle and locked it, pushing the shorter up against the door. Taehyung seriously stared into his boyfriend's eyes. "Jimin-ah, I need to tell you something."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "You had to bring me to the bathroom to do it?"

Taehyung nodded, no humour in his expression. "I do not want the others hearing." Taehyung stayed silent, listening to see if there was anyone in the bathroom. He leaned closer next to Jimin's ear. "I noticed something about the bride."

Jimin's eyes widened. "What?"

"Well, it is understandable that she is completely devasted, but I feel like there is something she is hiding." Taehyung began. "I noticed her feeling uneasy whenever her sister would be talking to the other guests. Anything to do with her sister will make her tense up." Taehyung explained.

Jimin bit his lip. "What are you suggesting?"

Taehyung sighed, cupping Jimin's face. "I feel like somehow they might be involved..." Jimin gasped inaudibly.

"Taehyung—do not tell me you are thinking Areum killed her husband on the night of the goddamn wedding reception!" Jimin whisper-yelled. Taehyung shook his head.

"I am not suspecting anyone. I just feel weird about them. I do not think Areum could murder Dongin, but I just want to know why she is acting like that around her sister." Taehyung sighed, leaning his forehead on Jimin's and closing his eyes. "I just feel really stressed right now. You know, being a suspect of a murder and all."

Jimin caressed Taehyung's hand, closing his eyes too. "I understand, Taehyung-ah."

Taehyung moved closer, hugging his lover against the door. "I also do not like the thought of having you in the same building as a killer." Taehyung kissed Jimin's temple. "I feel like I am putting you in danger."

Jimin snaked his arms around Taehyung's neck and pulled the other into a slow kiss. He pulled back and smiled. "Everything will be alright."

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

why do you guys think areum is acting strange around soojin? 🤔

- miinyoonqix