謎 ᴍᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ

"He's the one

"He's the one." Eunyoung choked out. Her eyes had gone ghostly. She was sitting in front of a murderer. An actual murderer; someone who had ended the life of a human being. "He's the one—oh my god."

Jiyong had already seized Ten when the words had left her mouth the first time. A rock hard punch was thrown to Ten's face, flinging him backwards as he staggered to catch his balance. By now, the entire hall had turned their heads to witness the situation.

"YOU BASTARD!" Jiyong roared, charging at Ten who already possessed a busted lip. Jimin's eyes widened as he felt himself be yanked behind Taehyung with the taller's arm. A fiery craze grew in Jiyong's eyes; it burned like molten in his pupils. He looked almost sadistic as he knocked the other to the ground.

One, ten, fifteen punches were aimed at Ten's face, bruising his skin in purples, blues and blacks. A few of the guests ran to get Jiyong off him once he began to choke; Jiyong had managed to punch his throat. The late Dongin's father struggled against the group of men, thrashing and howling.

Guests had begun to scream, moving away from the center of the hall where Ten lay. "Fuck—it was him?" Taehyung muttered, holding Jimin tighter behind his back.

"No way..." Jimin blurted, terrified eyes trained on the injured male panting on the aisles carpet. "It can't be—he wouldn't murder someone, would he? Oh my god..." Jimin's mouth flew to his hand, his brain turning over and over, attempting to process the news.

"I don't know, it's fucking Ten." Taehyung's dark brows were furrowed. "He's a cold-blooded killer."

"Tae—"

"Jimin, don't speak about being kind. That cunt murdered someone," Taehyung turned his head over his shoulder, gaze piercing through Jimin. "Even if that person was Dongin." He added, looking back at Ten. "Doesn't change the fact he has blood on his hands."

By now, Ten had managed to sit up, wiping his nose which appeared broken. Blood oozed down from his left eye where Jiyong had left a nasty bruise. A few of the children began to cry, grabbing onto their parents once catching a view of his mangled appearance. "Wait!" Ten suddenly yelled, voice rough and battered.

The room was silent; everyone held their breath for his words. Jiyong had to be held down on a chair which proved to be a struggle for the men holding him—he truly resembled a bloodthirsty beast. "Wait—" Ten repeated, gulping heavily.

"WHAT?" Jiyong yelled, demanding an answer. "SPEAK, MOTHERFUCKER." The man screamed, coughing at his own exertion. His heart was pumping blood like it had never done before. "NOW IS YOUR GODDAMN TIME—I'M GONNA FUCK YOU UP. I'M GONNA SMASH YOUR HEAD IN!"

"YOU'RE IN THE DANGER!" Ten managed to shout back, struggling to stand on his feet. "I'm not the only one." He sputtered. A few of the guests gasped, some trying to control their wails. Jimin hugged Taehyung from the back, shutting his eyes tight. "Yes," He rasped. "I killed Dongin."

"YOU MOTHER—"

"Wait!" Ten interrupted, chest rising and falling at a violent pace. "I did not kill the others. I don't know who did." Ten began to cry. Large, hot tears washed over his wounds; they turned red as they dropped down on his suit. "I don't know who did." He repeated, shaking.

"WHY DID YOU DO IT, SON OF A BITCH? WHY DID YOU KILL MY SON?" Jiyong demanded, continuing to persist against the guests shackling him to his spot.

"I LOVE HER!" Ten cried, head turning to meet eyes with a horrified Areum. "I love her so much." He stuttered out, finally standing up and clutching his chest. "I met her before Dongin." He spat. "I loved her with no words. I loved her in the shadows." Ten confessed. "He knew I loved her—yet he still took her from me."

Areum trembled, clutching onto her father who had instantly provided protection for his beloved daughter. Ten smiled despite his excruciating pain, catching her beauty under the chandelier light. "I'm sorry, pretty. But I couldn't take it anymore." Ten apologised. "Him and I were alone in that dressing room."

Ten fell to his knees, coughing as blood still dripped from his nose and many deformed features. Jimin glanced at Taehyung who was focused intently on the guilty male. "Why?" Ten sobbed. "Why couldn't it be me?" He tilted his head up to stare at Areum. Jiyong squirmed, expression livid and red. Ten took one last look at his love, heart shattering once he recognized fear in her eyes.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

the story ain't over yet, folks. we still have a murderer/s.

- miinyoonqix