謎 ᴍᴏʟᴇꜱᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Jisoo nervously picked at the skin around her nails as her uncle stared at her menacingly

Jisoo nervously picked at the skin around her nails as her uncle stared at her menacingly. Jiyong sighed.

"I did not want to question you, but I want to be thorough." He explained. She nodded, gulping. Jiyong was mainly targeting family and people that were directly close to Dongin or Areum. "So tell me—when was the last time you saw him? I want every detail."

Jisoo took a deep breath. "I arrived quite early to set up decorations. Dongin was talking to the chef in the kitchen because he wanted to make sure the food was perfect. I think Areum was getting touched up in her own dressing room with the help of her makeup artist." Jisoo shut her eyes, trying to remember if she missed anything. "I did not see him after that."

Jiyong recalled his interrogation of Nayeon. "Dongin's ex-girlfriend, Im Nayeon, had said that she helped you with the decorations. Is this true?" Jisoo nodded.

"She did, but she came half an hour after Dongin had left the kitchen."

"I see." Jiyong scribbled down notes on another paper, making some sort of timeline or connections between different stories. "What was your relationship like with Dongin?" Jisoo's uncle asked.

Jisoo's breath hitched in her throat. "I-"

"Be completely honest." Jiyong sternly instructed. Jisoo nodded.

"I—well, he...was not exactly close to me." Jisoo answered quietly. Jiyong raised an eyebrow.

"Why not? You are cousins."

"I-I know, but he...I did not want to get close to him...after what I saw him do." Jisoo mumbled. Jiyong gestured for her to elaborate. Sweat began to form at her temple and she picked at her nails faster.

"When we were teenagers—I saw him...touching our younger cousin...inappropriately." She murmured, avoiding eye contact with her uncle. Jiyong sharply inhaled.

"He molested her?" Her uncle asked for confirmation. Jiyong's heart dropped when she nodded. He never imagined his son could do something like this. "I...see"

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows. "You may leave."

Jisoo immediately stood up, bowing and walking off to her table. Jiyong scratched his stubble in frustration before writing on the paper again.

List of suspects

1. Kim Taehyung — Motive: avenging his sister
2. Im Nayeon — Motive: revenge on Dongin for cheating
3. Kim Jisoo — Motive: avenging her younger cousin's molestation.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

Taehyung glared at Ten from across the table. The latter was talking to Hoseok, completely unaware of the other's burning stare. Jimin faced Jungkook.

"Jungkook—right?" Jimin asked. The younger male nodded. The older turned to the beautiful girl sitting next to Jungkook. "Hwasa?"

She smiled. "Indeed."

"Are you guys..." Jimin trailed off, battling his urge to ask the personal question. Hwasa laughed, shaking her head as Jungkook blushed.

"No, oh god no. We are not dating, just friends." She slapped Jungkook on the bicep and he chuckled awkwardly, rubbing his nape. Jimin cleared his throat, flustered.

"S-Sorry for assuming." Jimin apologised. Jungkook shook his head.

"I-It is okay. People often think the same when they see us." Jimin nodded.

"You are Areum's friend, right?"

Jungkook smiled. "Yeah, I have known her since high school. I brought Hwasa as my plus-one, since she likes lively events." He looked around at the guests before turning back to Jimin and speaking in a lower voice. "This one is clearly far from lively."

Jimin giggled at Jungkook's dark humor. He tapped Taehyung on the shoulder and made the taller face them. "Oh, and this is my boyfriend, Taehyung."

"Nice to meet you." Jungkook and Hwasa chorused, taking turns in shaking Taehyung's hands.

"Nice to meet you too."

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

do y'all have any suspicions yet? 🙊

- miinyoonqix