謎 ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ

Jimin kept his eyes trained on the empty glass in front of him

Jimin kept his eyes trained on the empty glass in front of him. Events from a couple of hours ago were swimming through his mind...

[ The reception venue that the groom's family owned was extremely beautiful. It was a white building, half of it made of glass and positioned by a cliff overlooking the vast, blue ocean. There were flowers sitting atop pedestals at the entrance, the petals soft and alluring.

By the time Jimin and Taehyung had arrived, the sun was already setting. The ground outside was illuminated by warm fairy lights that hung from post to post around the venue. Guests were all dressed wearing formal attire and parking their car along the cliff side road.

Jimin had his arm linked through Taehyung's as they stepped into the main foyer. A crystal chandelier suspended from the center of the ceiling and the flooring in the foyer was carpeted with a deep red shade.

"Wow...they really outdid themselves, huh?" Jimin marveled at the elaborate decorations. Taehyung poked his tongue against the inside of his cheek.

"Ours will be better."

"Shut up."

The two males made their way into the main room where people were settling down into their respective seats at the white clothed, circular tables. Some guests were standing and chatting, sipping wine from glass cups.

"Ok—" Jimin checked his and Taehyung's invite. "We are at table seven." Taehyung looked around and spotted the number seven on top of a floral display piece at the center of one of the tables.

"Over there." The taller pointed and the couple walked to their table, instantly smiling at the sight of their friends. At the table sat Hoseok and Ten along with some other unfamiliar people. Taehyung grimaced at the sight of the male sitting next to Hoseok. "Great." Taehyung muttered.

Ten and Taehyung had a kind of rivalry between them. Taehyung would hate the other male less if Ten was not such a bitch to him, solely because he was a better student than Ten was. Ever since college, the two had grown distant with each other, but considering their friends were friends, they still saw each other often.

Jimin and Taehyung sat down and smiled at everyone else on the table. Hoseok waved at Jimin across the table, beaming. "Hey guys!"

"Hi, hyung!" Jimin laughed at the other still waving.

"Ah, Jimin and Taehyung, meet—" Hoseok began gesturing to the other people sitting on the table. "Jungkook, Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, Hwasa and Nayeon."

The other people smiled at Taehyung and Jimin, the two reciprocating the action. Everyone immediately began conversing with one another again and Taehyung crossed his arms, glaring at Ten.

Jimin rubbed his thigh under the table, urging him to calm down. Taehyung placed his left hand on Jimin's, which was still on his thigh. The two interlaced their fingers and the shorter could feel how strong the other's grip was. ]

Jimin turned to his boyfriend. "Tae?" The other hummed, signaling he was listening. "What happened after Hoseok hyung sent you to get Dongin?"

Taehyung sighed. "Well..."

[ "Hey Tae? Can you check why Dongin is not coming out yet?" Hoseok requested.

"Do I have to?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, reluctant to check on the groom. Hoseok smiled uneasily.

"Please? Areum is already there," Hoseok turned back to look at the bride at the front of the room, talking to an elderly woman. "And Dongin still has not arrived yet. He should be in his dressing room."

Taehyung blew air out of his nostrils scornfully and stood up, walking back out to the foyer and down one of the hallways. His gait was stiff and he soon found the dressing room. Taehyung knocked on the door.

No response.

"Yah, Dongin!" Taehyung called, annoyed.

Still no response.

Taehyung turned the knob, and to his surprise, the door opened. He stepped into the room and scowled at the sight of Dongin laying face down on the couch. "God..." Taehyung muttered, pinching his nose bridge. "Wake up, fool! It's your wedding!" Taehyung yelled.

No response.

Taehyung walked over to the sleeping Dongin and shook his shoulder. "Dude, get up!" The male urged and flipped the groom over. Taehyung's eyes widened.

Crimson blood seeped through Dongin's suit, the white shirt soaked at the abdomen. Taehyung's hand flew to his mouth once he noticed the dozens of wounds...

punctured into the groom's stomach. ]

"...And yeah." Taehyung finished speaking. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Was there a murder weapon?" The shorter asked.

"Not that I saw...but I do not think they were bullet holes. After all, people would have heard the gunshots." Taehyung rubbed his chin in thought. "Considering it was the dressing room..." The taller's eyes suddenly widened as a light bulb went off in his head. "Scissors! Hair-cutting scissors were probably used!"

Jimin gulped. "That is gory."

Taehyung nodded.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

have you drank water yet? if not, then gogogo drink some! 💧

- miinyoonqix