謎 ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ

Another dead body

Another dead body.

The corpse was placed next to Dongin and a blazer was used to cover it. An elderly woman named Yeji was the victim. Guests were biting their fingernails in fear, everyone's stomach lurching at the grotesque figure.

Jimin could not tolerate the mood of the room so he left to explore the venue and get some fresh air away from people. The shorter walked down the brightly lit hallway, his shoes clacking against the floor. Jimin's mind was elsewhere, thinking about the tragic fate of Dongin.

The man was disgusting, but he did not deserve to die.

Soon enough, Jimin could make out a figure leaning against the wall. The man was wearing a large, plaid coat with dress pants and a black shirt. He was extremely attractive, sporting sterling silver dangly earrings and a rolex watch. The figure was leaning against the wall, smoking a cigarette.

Jimin was going to turn back around and leave, but a deep voice spoke. Seemingly deeper than Taehyung's.

"Not even going to say hi?" The man smirked. Jimin stood there like a deer caught in headlights.

"I—uh...hi?" Jimin stuttered, embarrassed. The man lifted a finger and beckoned him over. Jimin hesitated, but walked closer and stood awkwardly near the stranger. The man took a long draw from his cigarette and exhaled smoke. Jimin wrinkled his nose at the smell.

"What is your name?" The stranger asked, looking at Jimin with fox-like eyes. Jimin gulped.

"Jimin."

"Nice to meet you." The man stuck out his hand and the latter timidly shook it. "I am Felix." Jimin nodded, fiddling with his fingers. Felix put the cigarette back in his mouth and continued smoking. It fit perfectly between his lips. "So—how do you know the married couple?"

"Friend of both the bride and the groom." Jimin answered, easing up a bit.

"I see." Felix spoke, his words somewhat mumbled because of the cigar. "Did you come alone?" Jimin shook his head.

"I came with my boyfriend." Jimin answered. Felix smirked, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and twirling it skillfully around with his fingers.

"Boyfriend? You gay?"

"And proud." Jimin firmly stated. Suddenly, Felix kicked himself off the wall and moved closer to Jimin. He leaned in, studying the other's face. The latter turned red at the proximity.

"So am I." Felix whispered, looking down at Jimin's lips. Jimin gulped.

"I-I have a boyfr—"

Loud footsteps rushed down the hallway. "Jimin-ah!" Taehyung called upon seeing the other. Jimin's head whipped around to see Taehyung approaching them. The taller's eyes immediately darkened once he saw Felix close to Jimin. Taehyung pulled Jimin away from the stranger. "Who the fuck are you?"

"Tae, wait—"

"Felix is the name." Felix responded, amused. Taehyung gripped Jimin's hand tightly, turning to look at his boyfriend.

"Was he harassing you?"

Jimin shook his head quickly. "N-No! We were just talking." The shorter explained before glancing at Felix. "I just met him." Taehyung glared at Felix.

"Leave." The taller demanded and Felix laughed. Nevertheless, the latter walked past Taehyung, brushing their shoulders.

"Possessive much?" Felix chuckled cockily before walking back down the hallway. Taehyung sent the flirtatious man one last death stare before turning back to Jimin. He pulled his boyfriend closer into an embrace, kissing Jimin's temple before whispering into his ear.

"Stay near me, darling. Tonight, we are in a building with a killer...and it could be anyone."

Jimin nodded, pulling back and giving Taehyung a small smile. "I am okay—really." Taehyung sighed, interlacing their fingers and walking back to the main room.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖