謎 ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ

Nayeon crossed her leg over the other as she stared at Jiyong in front of her

Nayeon crossed her leg over the other as she stared at Jiyong in front of her. Soojin had called her over to be interrogated.

"Nayeon, was it? I remember Dongin telling me about you." Jiyong recalled. Nayeon chuckled somewhat sarcastically.

"Well, it would be disappointing if he had not." The girl answered, smiling sweetly. Jiyong raised an eyebrow.

"What is your honest opinion on my son?"

Nayeon crossed her arms in front of her chest. "No offense, sir, but Dongin is a piece of shit."

Jiyong laughed. "And why do you say that?"

"It is simple, really." Nayeon paused, taking a breath before smiling. "Dongin and I were dating, I am sure you knew that." Nayeon's eyebrows knitted together. "What you did not know is that Dongin cheated on me—" The girl looked over at the bride. "With her." She laughed. "And he then had the audacity to invite me to his wedding! I came since I am not a petty bitch, but clearly something is wrong with his brain."

Jiyong noticed his daughter in-law's eyes widen and she looked down in shame. "Okay...instead, how about you tell me what you were doing hours before the body was found?"

Nayeon thought about it for a moment. "I got to the wedding early and saw Jisoo unnie helping set up the decorations. I decided to assist her and we talked for a while until more guests started arriving. That is when I went to my table and saw Ten sitting alone. I sat down with him and he said Hoseok oppa had left to go somewhere and that he would be back soon. After an hour or so, Taehyung had found Dongin's body." Nayeon responded.

Jiyong nodded. "You may leave."

After Nayeon went back to table seven, he scribbled down her name on the list.

List of suspects

1. Kim Taehyung — Motive: avenging his sister
2. Im Nayeon — Motive: revenge on Dongin for cheating

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

Jimin and Wonho watched as a few guests tried to shatter the glass of the building in order to find a way to escape. Wonho tutted.

"Soojin's father really smash-proofed this building, huh?"

Jimin nodded, sighing. "Let's hope we find some way out," The shorter began before glancing around warily. "This entire situation is giving me the creeps."

Wonho placed a comforting hand on Jimin's back. "I agree, man." The taller's eyes glazed over and he frowned. "I cannot imagine how horrifying it might have been to walk in on that..."

Jimin nodded again, agreeing with the other. The shorter's brows furrowed at the middle, creasing in sympathy. "How long have you been dating Soojin?" Wonho smiled.

"Three years now."

"...Were you close to Dongin?" Jimin hesitantly asked. Wonho thought about it for a moment, his eyes casted upwards.

"Hmm, I saw him quite a few times when Soojin would invite me to family birthday parties. We had talked and got along, but other than that, I did not really know him that well."

Jimin made an 'ah' sound. "I see."

"Yeah."

The corners of Jimin's lips raised. "You must really love Soojin, huh?"

Wonho's eyes filled with pure love as he beamed a radiant smile. "More than the world."

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

"Do not fret, Bong-cha. Help will surely arrive." The elderly woman told the guest next to her, who she had just met at the beginning of the wedding when they had been seated next to each other.

Bong-cha tightly grasped her purse. "I do not like this at all, Ji-ho. You know...I am supposed to see my grandchild next weekend. What if..." Bong-cha went pale. "W-What if—I do not get to see her again?"

Ji-ho gasped. "Bong-cha! Do not say such things! Everything will be fine!" Ji-ho turned to the man at the other side of the table. "Jang-hoon!" The woman called, seizing the man's attention.

"What is it?" He asked loudly.

"Why has Yeji not come back from the bathroom yet?" Ji-ho questioned equally as loud as the man's hearing was weak. He shrugged. Ji-ho frowned.

Where could have Yeji gone?

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙』── ✦ ── ❖

🔪

- miinyoonqix