Chapter 15

I stood there with everyone staring at me. Yeah-Yeah put his hand through his hair and sighed.

"Congratulations." Benny said, finally breaking the silence. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled.

Yeah-Yeah picked me up and span me around. "I'm gonna be a father!" He yelled. After he sat me back down, he lifted my shirt up just so much to see my belly, and kissed it.

"Now that we got that out of the way, lets play some ball." Bertram said.

We took our positions and Yeah-Yeah asked, "Ariel are you sure about this?"

"Yeah-Yeah this is one of my last months playing for a while. I'm doing this."

* * * *
We played for a while but I kept getting sick so they "ordered" me to go home. Brielle, Ella, September and the other girls came to my house, and Yeah-Yeah walked with us.

"Grandpa? I need to talk to you." I said when I walked into the house.

Grandpa was sitting in the couch and asked, "Yes Ariel?"

"Yeah-Yeah and I well...I'm pregnant grandpa." I said.

He leaned back into the couch and sighed. "Well I'm not mad. As long as you can take care of it."

I smiled and kissed Yeah-Yeah goodbye.

The girls and I went to my room and talked. Mostly about how good Yeah-Yeah was and what we were gonna call the baby.

*2 weeks later*

My baby bump was kinda noticeable now. Since this was a small town, people found out after a week or so. Some of the people in this town were so happy. Others hated it.

I was mad. With this baby, I couldn't play baseball. I had to sit in the dugout and watch. The librarian gave me some books about being pregnant and how to take care of a child, and they were actually very interesting.

I was walking to Vincent's when I ran into Phillips.

"Hey you little whore." I ignored him and kept walking.

"Hey I was talking to you!" He yelled again. Again I ignored him.

I walked into Vincent's and grabbed some chocolate, baseballs, and some medicine. I payed and when I walked out, Phillips was waiting for me.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. "Ariel talk to me!" Phillips yelled. I turned on my heels and yelled, "Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't beat your ass!"

I punched him in the face and walked away. When I got to the Sandlot all the girls were there, but no boys. Good.

"Hey Ariel did you get them?" Ella asked. I grabbed the 7 baseballs from the bag and gave them to each of the girls, leaving one on the table.

"Alexis I can't believe you came up with this!" September said with excitement.

Alexia had thought of an idea for our boys. We each write things all over our baseballs and give them to our boys. The 7th one is for all of them. So Brielle was making one for Smalls, Breanna was making one for Kenny, etc.

I sat down and grabbed a green marker and started writing on Yeah-Yeah's present.

I heard bikes and we all hid the presents.

"Hey girls." Ham said riding up.
"Hey Ham." Us girls said in unison.

The others rode up and they all hugged us. "So Ariel when are you going into the doctors?" Benny asked.

"In a week or so. They said hopefully we can find out the gender." I said patting my belly. Yeah-Yeah smiled and kissed my cheek. Then I felt something in my stomach.

"Yeah-Yeah the baby is kicking!" I yelled. He placed his hands on my belly and the baby kicked again.

"Guys come feel my baby kicking!" Yeah-Yeah yelled. He looked like he was crying.

They all took their turns feeling the baby kicking and we all smiled. Yea, this is where I want to raise this child.

👊👊👊👊👊👊👊
Hey guys I'm sry I haven't updated in forever but things have happened and I didn't know wht to write. Comment wht gender you want the baby to be. and ik tht at 2 weeks the baby can't kick but bear with me please i have to change some things.

STAY STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL!! 😘