Chapter 34

*Yeah-Yeah's POV*

As I waved goodbye to my girlfriend, my kids, and my friends, I slowly boarded the plane. 

Looking down at the envelope Ariel gave me, I decided to open it.

When I did, a letter and a picture fell out.

The picture was of her and the twins.

I opened up the letter and it read:

     Yeah-Yeah,

        I'm gonna miss you so much. I'm sure the twins will too. It's going to be hard for them to grow      without their dad. But you'll be back before we know it. I'll keep you updated on the growth of    them, sending pictures along with my letters. I won't send many, because I don't know if you'll have a place to keep them. By now, I've moved back in with Mertle, though Al and I have been talking about moving into the city. Don't worry, we have a plan. Al will work Monday-Wendsday-Friday, and I'll try to find a job for Tuesday-Thursday. That's at least the summer plan. When school starts back up, I think I'll go back and finish my education. I'm sure we can find a babysitter for the twins. Eric said that he would want to move with us, but I said to stay with Mertle for a year or two, just so he's not alone again. I didn't want to tell you this in person, because I know you would've freaked out and tried to change it. It's going to happen Alan. And in two years, I'm debating on getting a place of my own. Well, for you and the twins too, of course. It all just depends on how everything goes this year goes. I should probably let you go now. I'll write again soon. 

    Love,

      Ariel

I felt a tear slip by. I quickly grabbed a pen and paper and got to writing back.

    Ariel,

  I'm going to miss you too. And the twins. I'm sorry my parents kicked you out. They're real jerks. I'm happy you're planning on moving in with your brother. I wish I had a brother. I don't want you overworking yourself. If you wanna go back to school, then do it. I can't stop you. As to your on place, that's a big step. One you're not taking with me. I thought we would buy our first place together. But it's cool. Do what you want. Not like I'm gonna live there for a while. You know, sometimes I wish you would think about me, and not just you and the twins. 

    Alan

I closed it up in an envelope and placed it in my bag. I don't care if I sounded like a jerk. It's true.

*a few weeks later*

*Ariel's POV*

"I can't believe he said that!" I yelled, after looking at Yeah-Yeah's first letter back.

"Maybe he's just still upset about going away for a few years." Brielle tried to reassure me. 

"He's not gonna be able to handle himself without me. He's going to go crazy."

"I don't know what you're going to do. I wouldn't be able to live without Smalls. If he went off-"

I shot her a glare.

"I mean, um, I'm sure he'll be fine." 

We all sat in the dugout, waiting for the guys to get back from school. 

Peter was playing with a baseball, while Belle was playing with grass. 

"How are you and Katie doing?" I asked, looking over to Brielle.

"She's getting so big. I don't know how you put up with two of them."

I smiled.

"Usually Yeah-Yeah helps me. But when he couldn't, I had to, so I'm used to him not being here I guess."

Brielle rubbed my back.

"Hey sweets!" I heard Ham yell.

"Yes honey?" I joked.

He stuck his tongue out at me, and smiled.

"How was school?" Brielle asked.

"Just getting ready for graduation."

Graduation.

Alan!

"Guys, can you watch them for a little bit? I have shit to handle." 

I ran to Alan's parents house, and knocked on the door.

"Oh. Hello Ariel." His mother said, opening the door.

"You sent Yeah-Yeah off to military camp before he graduated! How could you?!"

"It's not like any of you were smart enough to figure it out before he left. Besides, it's just a waste of time."

"A waste of time?! Listen lady-"

"You do not come to my house and start yelling at me telling me how to raise my son."

"You don't need to raise him anymore! He's practically 18 already! You can't tell him what to do!"

"I am his mother. I'm trying to help him."

"Pfft. You just act like a good mother, but behind his back, you're a bitch!"

"Excuse me? What did you call me?"

"Bitch. Do I need to spell it out for you? B-I-T-C-H. Bitch."

She grabbed me by my hair and pulled me inside.

"I guess I'll have to teach you a lesson on how to talk to your elders."

****