Chapter 8

It's been about a week since the whole Ella/Squints thing. I've stayed away from Yeah-Yeah and the rest of the boys, but it's been hard. I had to see Yeah-Yeah, so I went to see Ella. Walking to her house (which was right next door), I saw Yeah-Yeah coming out of his house. Quickly, I ran into her house. I was surprised of what I saw. "Brielle, why is Ella dressed like she's going to the Sandlot?" I asked. "I think I can go back now." Ella replied. "Are you sure?" "You know you don't have to do this." "Yeah I do." Ella said. I shrugged my shoulders and ran to my house to change.

        * * * *

        When we got to the Sandlot, we saw the boys playing ball, but not in a happy mood. "Guys, we need the girls." Timmy said. "Need the girls." Repeat repeated.

        "Yeah-Yeah, but Squints had to go and ruin it!" Yeah-Yeah yelled. "I couldn't help it!" Squints yelled. Yeah-Yeah threw his glove on the ground and walked sternly to Squints. He was about to hit him when I yelled, "Stop!" The boys turned to look at us. "We came back because Ella is strong enough. But maybe you guys aren't."

        Yeah-Yeah, with that angry face on from before, marched over to me. I thought he was gonna hit me, but instead, he embraced me into a bear hug. "Never leave me again." He said into my ear. "Never." I replied. Yeah-Yeah slammed his lips onto mine and I gladly kissed back. "Hey lovebirds! We still want to play some more ball this summer!" Ham yelled.

        We pulled away slowly and I started to blush. I walked up to Squints, and he started to back away. "Squints I'm not gonna hit you. Again." "Then what do you want." He questioned. "How's your face?" "My nose should be healed soon." "I meant would it hurt for kissing." "Woah. Now don't you go cheating in Yeah-Yeah." "Not for me. For Ella." Squints nodded, and walked over to Ella.

         Her, being his size, one of the things that did not resemble Brielle. Squints kissed her and she kissed back. I held my hand to my heart and let out an "awww". "What's next? Smalls and Brielle kissing?" Kenny asked.

         Brielle ran right up to Smalls and kissed him. Well, if you call a peck on the lips and kiss." Yeah-Yeah put his arm around my shoulder and said, "You did well." Right when I was gonna kiss Yeah-Yeah, the devils demons and right hand "thing" appeared.

        "I think you owe us a game!" Phillips yelled from across the field. "Go away Phillips!" Benny's yelled. "Not until I get what I came for." "You want a game, we'll show you a game." Ham yelled. "Sure. Unless you want to do it the easy way." "What's the easy way?" Smalls asked. "It's where he gets something of ours, and he'll leave us alone for as long as the thing he took works." Bertram said. "What do you want this time?" Benny's asked. "You have something of mine."

         My grip on Yeah-Yeah's hand got tighter, and I was glad that Phillips couldn't see our hands. "I want my girlfriend back." Phillips said. "Eat horse shit Phillips." Yeah-Yeah yelled. "Unless you want to play a game of baseball." "Then lets play!" I yelled. "First, we make a deal. We win, we get the Sandlot, but you can keep Ariel, You win, you keep the Sandlot, but I get Ariel." Benny started running to Phillips, but I held him back. I turned to Yeah-Yeah and hugged him. "Ariel," he started. I kissed him an then backed away. "Ariel, what are you doing?" Ella asked. "It would've ended like this anyway. You winning an keeping the Sandlot." I got onto the front of Phillips bike an right when we were riding off, Yeah-Yeah yelled, "Wait!" He ran up to me and took off his over top white jersey. "Take it." The tears were forming in my eyes an I reached out my hand and took it. I mouthed the words I love you and then we rode away. Who knew how long until I saw my precious Sandlot again.

_________________________

Phillips is back! I knew you thought I was gonna have their game, but I decided against it. I know around this time it would be July 4th but I'm gonna make it not for another 2 weeks or so. I know it's confusing. Please vote for the chapter and comment if you would like. No matter what it is I get really excited. Stay beautiful!!!