Chapter 25

*A few months later*

"Peter stop messing with Belle's bow." Yeah-Yeah said.

"Alan, it's fine. He's not hurting her." I laughed.

"Look, they're adorable, but we got to go if we're gonna make it to the party." Brielle said trying to hold up Katie, her daughter.

"Why did my parents have to throw an anniversary party for the Mayor and his wife?" Squints asked

"Because the Mayor and his wife are cool. Deal with it." Ham said.

"Shut up Porter. You're only saying that cause you think she's hot." Phillips said.

"Yeah-Yeah can you grab their stroller?"

He nodded and walked to the door.

I put Peter in his stroller, and when I tried with Belle, she started struggling.

"Come here Belle." Yeah-Yeah said, grabbing her out of my hands.

"She loves her dad." Ella laughed.

"Peter loves me though." I said sticking my tongue out.

"Everyone ready?" Smalls asked.

*At City hall*

"They're so cute!" Mrs. Mayor said.

"Thank you ma'am."

I was still a little weirded out that most people accepted the fact that Alan and I, and Smalls and Brielle had kids. 

"I would like to thank you all for coming to this party," Mr. Mayor said, "we've loved serving this community almost as much as we love each other."

"To Mr. and Mrs. Mayor!" Smalls's mom yelled.

"To Mr. and Mrs. Mayor!" we all echoed.

"Can I watch them for a little bit? I haven't been able to take care of babies for a few years." Mrs. Porter said walking over to Yeah-Yeah and I.

"Of course. Come by anytime if you want. They're a lot to handle, and we could sure use the help." I smiled handing the stroller handles to her.

"Ariel, come dance."

"Alan, no. I don't dance."

(A/N Okay so if you've seen High School Musical 2, I can just imagine the baseball scene with I don't dance. XD)

"And I don't play baseball." He joked.

"I said I don't, doesn't mean I can't."

"Then can I have this dance?" He asked holding out his hand.

"You're on baby watch tonight."

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me super close.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you are?"

"Once or twice."

"Well let's make it 3 times," he leaned down to whisper in my ear, "you're beautiful."

I blushed and looked away.

"Wow Yeah-Yeah. You don't dance like a duck." Benny said dancing over with September.

"Shut up Benny."

I laughed and Yeah-Yeah looked hurt.

I stopped dancing, grabbed his hand, and walked out to the gazebo behind City Hall.

"What's wrong Yeah-Yeah?"

He shrugged.

"Alan what is the matter with you?"

"I get picked on all the time. I brush it off like I don't care, but it actually gets to me."

I rubbed his back.

"Why don't you tell them?"

"That's how we met. They were picking on me and I laughed about it, and it's been a thing ever since. At first I did it because I wanted friends. Now I do it to keep them..."

"Yeah-Yeah, look at me. You are an amazing person. Not everyone is perfect, we all have our flaws. If they get to you, tell them. I don't want you bringing yourself down about this. They're your friends, but it doesn't make it okay for them to do that to you. I'm sure they'll understand."

"No they won't, Ariel! No one understands!"

I saw a few tears leave his eyes.

"I understand Alan. Why didn't you tell me before this?"

"I have to act tough for you. I have to be the strong man in your life."

"No you don't Yeah-Yeah. I'm strong. Our kids will be strong. It's okay to cry, or ask for help."

"I'm a guy, I can't be a wimp."

"It doesn't matter what your frickin gender is! Everyone has emotions, and they need to show them."

He wrapped his arms around me.

"Sometimes I just want to go..."

"It's okay Yeah-Yeah. Just don't ever let me, or anyone, go."

****

I wrote this chapter to get a message through to you guys. Its okay to show emotions and you're gonna have some hard times.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here, and I'll listen.

STAY STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL!