Chapter 32

"Wake up." I heard a voice whisper.

I groaned.

"Wake up." they said louder.

I groaned again.

"Babe," he whispered into my ear, "you need to get up."

I turned over and looked into his eyes.

"I just wanna stay here and sleep."

He laughed.

"So do I."

"Let's just stay here today. Don't worry about the kids, or anything. Just a day to ourselves."

"That would be nice. But Brielle or someone planned something for today, so we have to get up."

I sighed.

"Oh! I almost forgot!"

His lips met mine.

"Good morning beautiful."

I smiled and kissed him.

We got up, and I ended up borrowing some clothes from Tem, since I didn't bring any over.

I changed into some jean overalls, with a black and white striped shirt. (Media is outfit)

I topped it off with some converse, and I looked over to Yeah-Yeah, who had changed into a plain white shirt, and jean shorts, with converse.

"Where are we going?" I asked, grabbing his hand.

"Where do we always go?"

*At the Sandlot*

"So what do we have here?" I said, walking up to my children.

They giggled and motioned to be picked up.

I went to pick Peter up, and Yeah-Yeah stood by.

"Well pick her up." I smiled.

Alan looked almost scared.

"She's your daughter. Are you just gonna leave her sitting there?"

Yeah-Yeah hesitated, but then carefully picked Belle up.

She giggled even more, and clapped her hands.

"Thanks for watching them Al." Yeah-Yeah said.

"No problem. They're amazing."

"Peter has his mother's eyes." Ella said.

"Yeah, but Belle has her dad's face." Brielle said.

"Katie is getting so big." I said, trying to take the attention off of me and the kids.

"She's becoming more of a pain you mean." Smalls laughed.

"Okay why was I called here? We aren't playing baseball, so why should I be here?" Benny asked.

Tember hit him outside of the head.

"What Benny means is we were all told to come here, and for what reason?"

"To celebrate life." Mertle said.

"I thought Brielle or someone planned this." I said.

"I planned something else. Mertle was the one that wanted us here right now."

"So what does, celebrate life mean?" Ham asked.

"Al's alive, I'm alive, you wonderful children are alive, and your children are alive. It literally means, celebrate life."

"But why?" Alan asked.

"Just look around you guys. This is your family. They'll be there with you forever. You guys fight a lot, but in the end do you still love each other?"

I looked at Yeah-Yeah.

He smiled and I smiled back.

"Just celebrate each other."

I looked around and saw everyone with everyone.

Mertle was right. This was my family.

There were no other people I would rather be with.

*a few weeks later*

"Yeah-Yeah, I'm going to Brielle's later so she can help me plan the twins's birthday party."

Nothing.

"Alan?" I called.

I walked into the nursery and saw him putting the kids to sleep.

"Sorry," he said quietly closing the door, "I didn't want to wake them."

I kissed him.

"You're becoming a great dad."

"Alan? Ariel? Can you come here please?" I heard his mom call us.

We walked into the living room, and his parents were sitting on the couch.

"Yeah?" Alan asked.

They motioned for us to sit, and we sat down across from them.

"What is it Mom?"

"Your father and I have been starting to notice your mood swings, and we've become worried."

"I've been doing much better. I've been calmer, and haven't been yelling-"

"And we love that. But we can't trust that it's going to stay this way."

"So what are you saying?" I asked, grabbing Yeah-Yeah's hand.

"We've looked at some things, and we've decided to send you to Military School."

"What?!"

I squeezed his hand, telling him to calm down.

"Although you'll be 18 in a few months, we've signed you up for 3 years."

"Do I get to come visit?"

Although I was sad, Alan was handling this very well.

"Summer Break for a week."

"A week? I get to see my girlfriend and my children for a week each year?!"

"Yes. And Ariel, the women's camp is 10 miles the other way, so you don't have to worry abou-"

"I trust him enough already for him not to do something like that. Even if they lived 2 feet away. And you say that you don't trust him to stay like this forever. He's going to have days where he's gonna be angry, or sad. Some people can just handle it better than others. But that's why he has me. I'll be there for him through everything. I trust him. Maybe you should start having more trust in your son."

They sat up straighter.

"Our decision is final. We would also appreciate it if once Alan leaves, you move back in with your grandfather."

Were they serious? They were kicking me out?

I nodded and walked into Yeah-Yeah and I's room, and grabbed a bag.

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice behind me ask.

"Packing. They want me out. I might as well start now."

I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Hey. Look at me."

I turned around and faced him.

"I don't leave until two days after the kids's birthday. We have till then."

"One more month Alan. One more month with you."

I felt tears run down my face.

"I'm going to graduate this school in 3 years, and when I get back," he grabbed my hands, "I'm gonna marry you."

My eyes went huge.

"I don't have a ring, and you're only 16, I know. But I am going to marry you one day."

I kissed him.

Not a peck.

A long, romantic kiss.

"I'm gonna marry you too."

****
Idk if there was a glitch in this but I saw that it had cut some of the words off. Yaaaaay.

Heh. Sorry about that.