Chapter 4

It had been about 2 weeks since the whole Sandlot problem. During that time, I had gotten a uniform that matched Phillips, but on the back it said: Team Captains Girlfriend. Everyday, I would hang out with Phillips, and almost every night we went out on dates. There was very much kissing too. Then one day when I arrived, Phillips told me that we were gonna go see some old friends. "Babe, put your hair up in your hat." I did as he told me, and then got on the front of his bike. We started off, but soon I knew where we were headed.

                                        *        *        *        *

        As we turned into the Sandlot, I put my head down so they wouldn't see my face. Well, just not yet. Then I heard Squints yell, "Oh no!" We pulled up, stopped, and I got off the to stand by Phillips. (Some of this is from the movie, some not.)

         "Go away Phillips." Ham said. "All you guys are an insult to the game. Except for Benny." Phillips replied. "Why I outta!" Ham yelled. As soon as Ham was about to punch him, I stepped in front, taking the blow. I flew to the side, my hat knocking off. "How dare you hit my girlfriend!" Phillips yelled. "Your girlfriend?" the Sandlot boys asked. "Yeah. I think you guys might know her."

        I got up and said,"Hi guys." "Ariel?" the boys asked in shock. "It seems like you don't know a good player when you see one." Phillips said. Then he turned to me and said, "Come on Ariel. Let's go. I don't want you too be around losers anymore." I walked over to the Sandlot boys and said to Phillips, "These losers, happen to be my friends."

        "What did you just say?" "She said that, we are her friends, and so if we are losers, then she's a loser." Yeah-Yeah said. "Why are you standing up for her?" Phillips asked him. Yeah-Yeah, being the shy one as he was, stayed silent. "Oh? Does little Alan have a crush on my girlfriend? Maybe I should teach you a lesson?" Standing in front of him, I gave Phillips a stern look. "Guys look. Ariel has to stand up for him, cause he's not manly enough." "He's more of a man than you'll ever be." I told him. Phillips stood there speechless.

        "Yeah well you take the side of who ever's winning." Phillips said. "Pee drinking crap face!" Ham yelled. "Fart smeller!" Phillips yelled. It went on and on until Ham yelled, "You play ball like a girl!" Then he turned to me and said, "Not like Ariel though." I smiled, then I turned back to Phillips. "Okay. Tomorrow. Noon. Our field." Phillips yelled still in shock. "Be there mama's boy!" I yelled. "Ariel, how could you turn on me?" Phillips asked. I took off my jacket and threw it at him.

        "Because I'm not a jerk to my friends." After those words, Phillips and his crew rode off. Turning back to the boys, they all started cheering and hugging me. "Ariel, I'm really sorry about before. I was acting like shit." Ham said. I spit in my hand and held it out. He did the same and we shook. Then Yeah-Yeah appeared in front of me. "Um..." he tried saying. "JUST KISS HER ALREADY!!" the other boys yelled. And that's exactly what he did.