Chapter 9

We rode to his field and when I got off, I was handed my old jacket. "I don't want you wearing anything that you would wear to the Sandlot. You dress our way." Phillips said. I just rolled my eyes and nodded. He rapped his arms around my waist and said trying to be sexy, "Oh baby, I know you love me." "No I don't! I love Yeah-Yeah. I love the Sandlot. But I HATE you Phillips." I replied. He let go of my waist and slapped me. "Now listen here Ariel. I heard that your little brother is going to be trying out for our "little" league. I can make sure that never happens. Unless you do what I say." About 5 minutes later of complete silence I finally said, "What do you want me to do?"

        * * * *

        Maybe 13 days passed. Phillips had me doing everything that he wanted me to do. Whenever someone on the team did something wrong, Phillips made me yell at them. He told me he did that to make me a better leader. Phillips also made me talk trash about the Sandlot.

When the frightful day came, Phillip said, "Ariel, don't forget our deal. You do what I told you to, and your brother makes the team." I just nodded and got onto my bike. I had gotten tired of riding on Phillips, so he agreed to let me use mine. My bike was where I could go and think these days. Usually it's the Sandlot, but now I'm forbidden to go there. This is stupid, I know. Why don't I just tell him it's ok if my brother doesn't make the team? Because my brother just wants to be like me. Eric has wanted to play baseball ever since he could walk and talk. I didn't want to ruin his chance for that.

"Ariel!" Phillips yelled snapping me out if my thoughts. "What?!" I ask/yell. He motioned to the fence. All 9 boys and the girls were standing right there. I knew what I had to do. "What do you fags want?" I asked standing up. They looked surprised, but still stood strong. "Hey losers. I believe my girlfriend asked you a question." Phillips said. "We've come with another deal." Benny's said. "Make it quick, cause my grandma is expecting me to come bake cake for the mayor of idiotland. Wait wait wait. You ARE the mayor of idiotland. Don't worry. Grandma is baking you a nice big cake with flowers and princesses!" I say. "Ariel, why are you doing this?" Ham asked. "She doesn't have to listen to you!" Phillips yelled. "Guys, can we please stop fighting, and let me tell you what the deal is?"Benny asked. I rolled my eyes and nodded. "We want Ariel back and you can have the Sandlot." "That's not gonna happen." Phillips said. "I can't believe I hung out with you stupid dicks." I turned around and Phillips put his arm around me. "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE HUNG OUT WITH A BITCH LIKE YOU!" Yeah-Yeah yelled. I turned my head, looked Yeah-Yeah in the eyes, and a tear slipped down from my eye. I turned my head quickly around and whipped the tear away. I still love you Yeah-Yeah, but now you called me a bitch.

        Yeah-Yeah's POV

"I can't believe I hung out with you stupid dicks." Ariel said. She turned around and Phillips put his arm around her. But before I knew what I was doing, I yelled, "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE HUNG OUT WITH A BITCH LIKE YOU!!!!" Ariel turned her head and when I saw her blue eyes, I saw a year slip from her eye. We all started to walk away, and when we were away far enough I said, "That wasn't what she was actually thinking." "Yeah-Yeah, what do you mean?" Ham asked. "She wasnt using her "voice". And she had a tear." I replied. "So Phillips made her say and do those things?" Kenny asked. "I wonder why." Benny said. "Let's ask her mom." Brielle suggested.

        * * * *

        Knock knock. Ariel's mom answered the door after a few knocks. "Brielle, Ella, oh and you boys must be the Sandlot boys. But I'm sorry, Ariel isnt here right now." "We know ma'am. We would like to talk to you." Benny said. "Well of course. Come on in." We all went inside, and I didnt expect any of it. Inside was so fancy, and....girly. "We've noticed that Ariel has been acting different lately." I said. "I've noticed that as well." "Do you know why?" Ham asked. "From what I've heard, it has something to do with her little brother."

        We all had a comfused look on our faces. Eric has always wanted to be just like Ariel." Just then, a little boy around 8 or so, came into the living room. "Mom, when will Ariel be back?" "I dont know Eric. She said she had some things to do." "Hi Brielle, Ella. Who are you guys?" "Eric, meet the boys from the Sandlot." Ariel's mom said. "Oh boy! I've heard things about you guys! Which one of you is Yeah-Yeah?" Eric asked. "I am." I replied.

        "You're lucky to have her. She talks about you all the time." I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks, but also a little sadness. "Didnt you give her one of ur jersey's or something?" I nodded. "Ariel sleeps with it every night. She won't even let me wash it." her mom replied. "Eric, do you have any idea what is going on with your sister?" Benny asked. "She came home one day and hugged me really tight. Then she said not to worry about getting on the team." "What team?" Ham asked. "Phillips little leauge." Eric replied. "Thank." I said as I stood up. "Let's go." "Where?" Kenny asked. "Back to Phillips."