Chapter 6

After playing ball, we headed to the carnival. Benny payed for all of us, even though Yeah-Yeah, Squints, and Smalls, wanted to pay for us girls.

        Right when we were about to go ride, rides, Bertram yelled, "Shit! I almost forgot!" Bertram then pulled something out of his pants. It looked like chew. "No! Not again Bertram!" Squints yelled. "Why?" I asked. They had explained what happened last year, when they ate that stuff, and on one of the rides, they threw up everywhere.

         "I wish I could've been there." Brielle said laughing, with me and Ella laughing also. I shoved my hand into the bad and grabbed a whole handful. The other girls grabbed a handful too. All the boys stared at us. They took some, and we started walking around.

         Timmy stopped and stared at something or someone. "What is he staring at?" Ella asked. "Not what. Who." Kenny said. "Alright. Who is he staring at?" Brielle asked. "Alexis Soto." all the boys said except Timmy said. "And she is?" I asked. "Timmy's crush." they said. "Wait. I've known you guys for almost a month, and I never knew that?" I asked. "You never asked." Timmy replied. "You never asked." Tommy (Repeat)repeated.

        Then, from behind me, I heard whispering. I turned around, and saw Yeah-Yeah whispering to Benny. Benny smiled and nodded. Yeah-Yeah walked over to me and took my hand. Right before we started walking, something fell over my eyes. Benny was tying a bandanna on me. "Yeah-Yeah, where are you taking me?" I asked him. "You'll see." he replied. We continued walking until I was told to sit down. "What are we doing Yeah-Yeah?" I asked him. "Just wait." he replied. Please don't be the Ferris Wheel. Please oh please no. I thought.

         About a minute or 2 after we sat down, Yeah-Yeah told me to take the blindfold off. I did, but not expecting that. "Ahhh!!" I screamed. "What?!" Yeah-Yeah asked. "I...hate...Ferris...wheels." I said in between breaths. "Oh shit. I'm so sorry. I didn't know." Yeah-Yeah said putting his arms around me. I gripped tighter onto him. He kissed my head and told me that everything was gonna be ok. We got off as soon as we could.

        When we did, I ran straight for a bench. As Yeah-Yeah walked over to me, some girls walked right between us. When they passed, I noticed Yeah-Yeah staring probably at their butts. "Yeah-Yeah!" I yelled, breaking him from his gaze. "You were totally checking those girls out!" "No I wasn't." "Yes you were." "No I wasn't." "Yes you were." "No I...." then he sighed, got up and walked away. That was our first official fight as a couple. About 5 minutes later, right before I was going home, Yeah-Yeah appeared with a giant stuffed turtle (my favorite animal). He bent down and kissed me, then said, "No I wasn't. Totally not. Not when I can stare at you all day." I smiled and kissed back. Yeah, this totally makes up for things.