014| Small-Minded

Hamilton wrote some cool lyrics.

Well I know it wasn't actually Hamilton himself, but still, the musical was a bop. Some of it applies to what happened because no one else was in the room where it happened.

Anthony Stark pressed the buttons on his phone, instead of the buttons to kill me this time, and called up every single magical being he was aware of. Avengers and honorary Avengers flooded into a meeting room as I stayed out of sight, waiting to strike.

We hung out in the room next to the meeting area, Nat and Bucky were by my side as I was completely consumed by my wife and little girl playing on the floor.

As I waited for the meeting to start and for Steven to make something for me to use to make a grand entrance, the double doors opened again.

"You can't be serious because I know for a fact that she-"

The second I turned around, the man stopped talking, the man being my step-father. For once, Sam Wilson Barnes shut up.

"Well, I'll be damned.." He said, the serious face, which was broken into a smile.

"Finally, I've made you speechless.." I replied as he ran and wrapped his arms around me.

"We searched for you for months, months.." He said, still hugging me.

"Well, I was up in the stars, I'm sorry I left.." I smiled, pulling out of the hug at the calling on my wife.

"Y/N! We got a runner!" She giggled, standing up from the ground to follow the baby.

"Hey, where do you think your off to tiny!" I called out, chasing the small baby and hearing the tiny giggles. I scooped her up into my arms and returned her to the group.

"So now there's a mini Y/N? Did we think about what will happen with a mini Y/N on the lose?!" Sam yelled to Bucky and Nat.

"She's not a mini-me. She's um, yeah she's a mini-me in some ways.." I smiled, putting the baby in Wanda's arms, "You know, we were surprised that her first words weren't fuck.." I said, Wanda, nodding in agreement.

"Wait then what were her first words?!" Sam said in a shocking amount of concern.

"Mama, god what type of parents do you think we are? Her second word was fuck.." I laughed, Wanda, looking down at the smiling baby.

There was minor concern throughout the group, although that was quickly shut down by Steve walking into the room and telling us it was time. Nat, Bucky and Sam arrived in the meeting room where Avengers and Guardians and people who didn't fit into those categories.

I stood outside with Wanda and Cece, listening through the door and seeing faces that we hadn't seen in a very long time.

"Why are we here Stark, we would rather be anywhere else than in your presents.." Thor spoke from the meeting room.

"Because, because there's a threat coming to Earth and I wouldn't have called you in unless it was important. There's a world-ending threat and-"

"Well really it's a universe-ending threat, but you were always so small-minded.." I announced as I walked through the door.

Everyone who didn't know I was back allowed their jaw to hit the floor, every single jaw. I expected yelling and screaming and a lot of swearing. Except there were silent stares.

Something that's been happening a lot recently.

Peter was the first to stand up and walk towards me poking me on the shoulder to make sure I was real.

"Hey Peter Parker, you grew up.." I laughed, then being submerged into the tightest hug possible, like ever.

"We thought you were dead!" He yelled out.

"That seems to be a common theme today.." I smiled, pulling away to see his face, "New hair, suits you.."

"Wait really-"

The only reason he stopped talking was the fact that a giant man had wrapped his arms around me from behind, tighter than Parker if it was possible, and probably having no intention of letting go.

"Hey, big guy.." I smiled, knowing exactly who it was.

"I missed you.." Thor said, definitely trying to squeeze my eyeballs out.

When Thor finally felt sufficed that he had properly welcomed me back, I was allowed to return to talking to the group.

"Well, hugs and other hellos will be acceptable after I tell you about the fact that half the people in this room will be dead if we don't do anything!" I smiled, leaving double shock on the people's faces.

"Can we ask questions first, about you, before we all die?" Bruce asked.

"Sure, what do you-"

"Are you okay? Who's baby is that? Are you married? Is that a ring? Did you lose a leg like in that movie we watched once? Who are those people standing at the wall and who's baby is that?!" Scott yelled immediately.

"Alright, all the questions at once so here goes nothing. I'm fine, the babies mine, yes I'm married, yes that's a ring, no I have both of my legs, those are the last people remaining from my team and the baby is mine!" I said, catching my breath, "God that was a lot.."

"Remainder of your team?" Peter replied.

"Dying is easy, young man, living is harder.." I shrugged.

"You have a baby?!" Bruce yelled out.

"It shouldn't be that shocking, it's a baby and she's my baby. This is Celeste Natasha Maximoff.." I said, hearing the mumbled at the name.

I probably should have specified to Nat that my baby was named after her. I could see her heart drop as she heard the name. Everyone's eyes were on me at the moment.

History had its eyes on me.

Her grandchild was named after her.

"But on more pressing matters, Captain Mayhem is a hero and it's time we follow her into war again. She needs to up the trophy collection.." Fluer spoke, changing the subject entirely.

"Well, another kingdom to rule would be lovely.." I joked, the rest of the room not fully understanding, "As Hamilton once said, 'If you stand for nothing, Burr, what will you fall for?' and in this situation, your all Aaron Burr. So let's dive in, shall we?" I asked, getting nods from all around the room.

Because in truth, who lives who dies who tells your story?

That's me, I'll tell you my story.