032| For Real?

Remember those aerobics tapes from the 80s with the white women that seemed to have seven cups of coffee before motivating you to move it?

I don't, I wasn't around in the 80s. One of my old foster moms watched them religiously, worked out with them every day. She had those pink leg warmers and everything. Why am so telling you this? We all think things work and we think they are the most important things ever.

I wanted revenge and threat became a top priority, one of the main things running through my mind every day. I don't have a concept of time when my mind is tuning at 15 million miles an hour. Probably why I was training at two in the morning.

My aggression was rumbled onto a punching bag, my fists in pure agony but, my brain hadn't caught that part just that. The punching bag wasn't what I saw, I saw Thanos, my regrets, Tony's goatee. I thought I would never have to see that stupid goatee ever again.

I was alone, in a dim-lit room, no sound other than the pumps my hands made when they crashed on the bag and the grunts I made. I knew I was in pain, but I didn't care. Maybe they were right, my hands were numb and I was exhausted.

"What are you doing?"

A voice behind me broke the punching spree, I hadn't taken a break but at that moment, I had to.

"I'm punching.." I responded, preparing to punch again.

"You're hurting yourself.." The voice replied, walking closer and pulling my hands from the punching bag. "How long?"

"How long for what, Wanda?" I turned to face her, I knew who it was before I looked into her eyes.

"How many hours have you been sitting here, punching that bag and hurting yourself?"

"I wrapped up my hands, there fine.." I answered back, looking down at the white bandages , soaked in red.

"You are working too hard.." Wanda stepped away and grabbed the emergency first aid kit.

"I'm not working hard enough, that-"

"Shut up and sit down, now.." She put her hand on my shoulder, pushing me to sit.

"I've had dirty dreams that start like this, you were always involved, don't worry.." I smirked at her.

"Even hurt, you still have a sense of humour.." Wanda winked back, taking my hand.

"You know I can take care of my own hands-"

"You obviously cannot, look at all this blood Y/N, what are you thinking?!" Her voice was raised, she was pissed.

"I'm sorry Maximoff, I really am.." I looked her in the eyes, she took out the rubbing alcohol.

"This is gonna sting, okay?" She said, not giving me a count down and pouring in over my knuckles.

I winced at it, you never get used to the feeling of alcohol on your hands.

"Big baby.." She giggled at me.

"Oh shut up.." I rolled my eyes at her, but I was laughing with her.

There was silence when we stopped talking, Wanda cleaned off my hands that would be colourful in bruises soon. She got new bandages and slowly wrapped them around my hand.

"Thank you.." I said when she was done, closing the box over and sitting beside me.

"Your welcome.." She was quiet for a moment but then spoke "You called me Maximoff, you haven't called me that in years.."

"It must have just slipped out.." I replied.

"I don't mind it slipping out, I've missed it, I've missed you.." She smiled at me.

"I've missed you, so much.." I replied, looking down at my hands then back to her.

"I want you to go to bed, to get some sleep. I want you to come back to bed with me and get a good night sleep.." She put one hand on my shoulder.

"I miss you and I love you. Please.." I begged pleased.

" No Y/N-"

"Don't say no, I didn't mean to but I let it slip out," I explained.

"Stop-"

"Don't tell me to stop, 'cause I won't stop. I want to be-"

"Y/N, will you marry me? For real?" She asked, stopping me from talking.

"Now?! You wanna marry me now?!"

"Y/N.." I smiled, "I wanna do it all. I wanna have you in that stupid white dress and I want Bucky to walk you down the aisle. I want to throw a fucking bouquet and our first dance is to be to Taylor Swift. I want the barn doors those straight people always have in their weddings and I want it to be rustic themed. I want those Mrs and Mrs signs but most of all, I want you.." She rambled.

"I'm not marrying you with a rustic theme, hell no.." I joked.

"I want us to get what we deserve, so Y/N, marry me.." She smiled.

"Well, I guess.." I jokingly shrugged.

"Oh shut up!" She grabbed my face and pulled me in.

Wanda told people that I cried, I told people that Wanda cried. We both did. She is my fiancé after all.

But seriously, I had to mend it all, fix it to fix me. That night, for the first time in a long time, I slept well.

Because I'm engaged, didn't you hear?