027| You Are Dismissed

Personally, I believe I have morals.

I am a reasonable, slightly violent and decent person, that's why people were dismissed. Omar and Fleur knew what fight we would be fighting in a few months, they knew what I was prepared to do. It was a ballgame I liked to call life.

The pair hadn't been home since they joined the team. Fleur's niece had been born and she'd only watched her life through photographs. It was time for them to meet.

"Jarvis, call Fleur and Omar to Cece's room.." I asked.

They had been helping out at the train session to save the galaxy, you know, your average Tuesday. I wanted time with celeste after last nights antics and so, I called them to me. The baby was asleep in my arms, you do not wake the baby.

They crept opened the door, knowing there was a chance Celeste was asleep and sat down, keeping quiet.

"The two of you are going home.." I spoke, mentally standing up to begin moving Celeste to her crib.

"There's a war to fight, we can hardly just go home.." Omar fought back.

"I'm a mother and I can't imagine going even a week without seeing Celeste. You've been away from home for years. You'll go home for 5 months and then you can return to fight, okay?" I wasn't breaking on this, they were going home.

"But Cap, we-"

"It's an order, Fleur. You both are dismissed.." I placed Cece into her crib and turned back to them.

I gestured them out of the room, turning off the light and leaving the baby to sleep.

"Can we at least go tomorrow? Tonight we can just drink or something?" Fleur asked.

"If you want we can. You'll have to invite Wanda, she's in the training room. Carol left to get Val and I'm sure Bucky and Nat would like to join in.." I spoke, the pair left to send out the invites.

The training lasted the Avengers all day, at about 5 pm I let them off to eat and shower. I had been avoiding Wanda, just cause I am petty as fuck. I wanted to avoid her again tonight but, there was no way around that.

As night fell, others arrived at a bar Cole once funded. Today's alcohol was the last of what Cole had bought, he stocked the when we were on planets that didn't understand how valuable their drink actually was.

Peter, Scott, Thor and Bruce all arrived at the bar first, Omar had asked them if they wanted to join in as well. Tonight was for friends and for some, it was about making new ones. Loki arrived soon after with Carol and Val by their side, then Bucky and Nat showed up. Drinks were poured and before long, stories were told.

"I've got a funny one about Y/N.." Carol said as she sipped her beer.

"Don't we all.." Loki remarked, everyone laughing.

"About a year and a half ago when they first had Celeste, I showed up. They'd only had the baby about 3 weeks and even though there were fifteen adults, the child was in control. Nobody greeted me when I arrived because they were running around screaming and Alex was rocking themself in the corner of the room.." Carol was laughing through the story, she made everyone laugh.

"That baby is scary, she shoots fire through her hands.." Fleur shivered.

"My favourite story is the Seven Princess of Alf!" Val called out.

"What's that?" Nat asked, turning to Val to elaborate.

"Y/N better take this one, she tells it best.." Val spoke, waving her hand to me.

"Alright, alright. I heard about this kingdom with a king who had seven sons, one of which had elemental powers. I waited around for a time to strike and recruit the elemental, then the king was having a ball to marry off each of his sons, very Cinderellaly, if you know what I mean. So I show up with the intention of talking to the king, everyone knows who I am and at the end of the staircase I'm walking down there are seven men hold rings, resting on one knee.." I explain.

"No way!" Bucky cried out through everyone's laughter.

"Yes way! I had to tell them I was married and pushed past them.." I realize what I said and looked to Wanda and then back to the group, they all knew heard it.

"I um.. I like the story where Y/N chopped off that corrupt presidents head off in front of the entire state, like Katiness Everdeen. That was funny.." Omar trailed off, trying to fix the silence.

"You know, that caused an intergalactic war, that she then stopped by killing another corrupt leader.." Fleur finished.

"Did she honestly have a death wish?" Peter giggled.

"Have you run into my father, on your travels?" Thor asked, sipping his drink and hugging his hammer.

"Your father, he's a pain really. I do little things to mess with him, like I'll have your buddy Helium-"

"That isn't his name.." Thor interrupted.

"Well, the gold guy will tell me things like, what Odin is wearing and if he got his hair cut. Then I'll send him a note saying 'Like your new hair, it doesn't suit you'. I've been messing with him for years, he still doesn't know it's me. Also, I steal his condiments, for fun.." I shrugged, Loki loving that prank a bit too much.

"Wait, does anyone remember the time when Y/N recited the entire Moana movie during a battle?!" Fluer yelled, laughing through it all, she laughed a lot when she was drunk.

"No, she recited the whole Moana movie to annoy her kidnappers into freeing her, she did that twice!" Omar laughed back.

"Actually, I did it during a battle and then to the people who kidnapped me during said battle.." I corrected.

Stories were exchanged throughout the rest of the night, poor Peter Parker couldn't handle his drink and threw up, three times. Thor and Scott passed out on a sofa, Omar and Loki disappeared at some point and Wanda and Fleur made it known when they chose to go to sleep. I decided to stay up and said goodbye to Carol and Val who had a hotel booked.

As I cleaned up, I noticed that the mighty hammer was resting on the coffee table. I looked around to see if anyone was watching and leaned to pick it up.

"Yep.." I said as it lifted into my hands, "I still got it.."