034| Your Normal Life

"Your mom was the greatest person I've ever met, I wanted you to know that"

I'd like to think and believe in the concept of an eye for an eye, even if it came from the bible.

When you grow up like me, with nobody, you tend to trust nobody. But I forgot that rule and trusted Tony and Steve with my life. I think I could have predicted Steve doing something on me, but Tony. This was the man that showed me his world, brought me into his life with open arms only to have an explosive ready to blow.

It was the type of pain where you couldn't even look at the other person, why I didn't invite them anywhere or to do anything that I was involved with.

But this man was like a father to me, it's just hard to believe that he was capable of doing this to me.

"Can I speak to you for one moment?"

Don't you hate that question too? Tony asked it, pulling me into an empty hallway and leaning against the wall.

I'd say both himself and Steve still see me as the fragile parentless kid who they took in. Given the opportunity, I could and still can kill them whenever I please. They can't view me like this anymore.

I met them right years ago and now, I hate them.

"What is it, Stark?" I asked him, he wasn't pleased, but I didn't care.

"I'd like to sort things out-"

I lost interest at that moment and walked down the hall, he followed me and stopped me again.

"Let me explain-"

"Explain what? How you didn't trust me? How you though somewhere in that brain of yours that this was okay?! I mean for fucks sake, Tony! You're meant to be a genius!" I yelled out at him.

"I understand-"

"No, you don't understand! You could have killed me, taken away everything from me! Thank you for what you did for me and sometimes I'm glad you were such a dick! I got my life together, I built something bigger than you and me combined and I've seen your bank statements so, I know what I'm talking about-"

"Strange looked forward, did. that possibilities thing even after we told him not to. He said there was a high possibility that you would end the world, blow it up, kaboom. Nothing" Tony interrupted.

"And that justifies a bomb!?" I argued.

"I didn't want to do that! There was an entire intelligence department that was scared of your capabilities, Strange said there was a 63% chance that you would bring about the end of the world. Fury wanted it!" Tony tried to defend himself.

"Fury is the one who tipped me off on it!" I yelled back.

"Because he didn't want to be blamed on it! I swear I didn't mean to push that button, I swear we dropped it! I'll swear that on anyone's life, Peppers, Steve's, Peters!"

As much of a liar as that man was, I believed him.

"Maybe it's all true, maybe you didn't mean for all this but still Tony, how could you? I've been wondering for years how you could sleep at night knowing what you did. For Americans main man, Steve had no moral compass and long ago I expected that he'd done this to me but, I could never get over you!" I confessed.

He froze for a second, not knowing what to say.

"Your my kid, no matter what-"

"Don't pull that bullshit out on me!" I screamed back.

"You don't know what I was protecting you from!" He screamed. Fury wanted to do far worse things than that fail-safe! He wanted to keep you on the Raft! You were never documented under the Sokovia Accords Y/N! Why do you think that is?!"

I never thought about that, I never had to do any of that.

"When I met you, I knew you were special but so did Fury. Why do you think it took you so long to meet Fury? I was holding him off, I was keeping you away from it all! I don't care what signs he gave you or what help he gave you! Fury and Strange pushed me and Steve to follow through. It's our fault, we shouldn't have followed through and I get that but I wanted to try to give you as normal of a life as possible. No lock-up, no random evaluation testing. We spent the next few years trying to come up with a compromise to get that thing out of your neck but nothing was working for them!" He yelled, tears swarming in his eyes.

"You could have told me, I could have helped-"

"You were fourteen years of age! That bomb, no matter how bad it was, gave you life. You met Wanda, you had adventures, you taught me how to be a father! All I wanted was to be your dad, that's all I wanted. But powers higher than myself fucked me over!" He screamed.

I don't think there was much else to be said, that's why he walked away, leaving me alone in the hallway.

"She inspired greatness in everyone and was the best person I've ever met."