020| Day 11

*4 years ago*

After 11 days, my feet really hurt.

All that fucking running, moving from place to place without sleeping a wink. Wanda was growing more and more tired, ready to give in, suck it up and go to prison. At least you could eat there.

Day 11 was fucked up.

We were wandering through a field of tall grass, I was holding Wanda up as she struggled to walk, her feet not being able to the vast amount of movement we were doing.

Maybe I should have attended more of Steve's mandatory team training.

The edge of the field revealed a smoke, you could see it from afar and the smoke became hope.

Hope that inspired Wanda to step up, the adrenaline kicking in and she got straight up. She saw salvation at the edge of the field, so did I.

Drowning from the thirst, a small hut became visible with smoke coming from the open cook of whatever version of a pig Kree had.

Day 11 brought hunger from the unbelievable smell.

"Y/N, how do we know whoever this is won't try to turn us in?" Wanda said as we watched from the edge of the long-ass grass.

"Well um, maybe-" I paused and looked to her pain, "You sit down please darling, rest your feet.." I said, helping her to the floor.

"My feet being in pain doesn't change the fact that whoever lives there could cash us in for a quick check.." Wanda called out to me from the floor.

"Let's just wait it out, we can get a sense of who they are.." I said, spying back to the hut.

After half an hour, the maybe pig had turned a desirable colour, not helping the starving feeling that belonged to the pair for days. I was glad that Wanda couldn't see it, although I knew she could smell it, maybe the smell was worse for her.

A tall being emerged from the hit as the food was finished turning. Whoever the individual was, they looked to be alone, bare. The person had a sweet glow about them, making me want to trust them.

I looked down to my newly titled fiancé who I knew needed a break, a hideout for the day. a day of peace.

Day 11 brought peace.

I decided for the both of us to approach the stranger, if whoever they were turned me in or was a Kree officer undercover, at least Wanda had a chance to getaway. I think her safety meant more than mine.

"Okay, hey! How do you do? I'm with my fiancé, we haven't eaten in days and was wondering if you had anything to spare?!" I called out of the clearing to the stranger who seemed surprised.

"Oh my, dear yes! I have not seen travelling friends in quite a long time!" The older man yelled out, gesturing me over.

"Let me get Wanda, she's too tired to move hold on!" I yelled, getting a burst of energy I hadn't had in days to pull Wanda out of the tall ass grass and tell her we were okay.

The man had laid out chairs and I pulled her into it one, hearing a sense of relief pull out of her. The stranger kept quiet as I soothed Wanda, taking care of her needs before my own.

"My name is Al-Fae, resent of Kree. Old Kree, not what it has become now.." The man spoke, preparing a new fire.

"Your very kind, thank you. My name is Y/N and this is Wanda, we're from earth.." I smiled at him.

"Earth? We don't seem to meet many people from earth these days. No travel out of there.." He said, beginning to take the maybe pig off of the fire.