Epilogue

She sat on the porch, sitting in the sun. She had grown to quite like it, the sun. She would sit and watch her daughter play, trying to put her problems out of her mind.

It had been seven years since the day her wife died.

To the day, exactly. She picked up a gauntlet and snapped her fingers. Did something for the sake of the world. Thought of everyone else but herself.

Celeste is now nine years old. She likes to paint and make sarcastic comments. She likes to hear her mother's stories, about how she loved to play pranks and cared for other people. She believed two things. One, unicorns had to be real even though she had no proof, they just had to be real. And two, that love exists because in this case, she had proof, the way her mother spoke about her other mother.

She would turn ten soon and all she wanted for her birthday was her mother. The one that wrote almost everything down in a journal and address them to her. She wrote about Steve giving her the idea when she was young. That one day, her kids would want to know about how she really acted. You can feel close to people through a diary, you can get to know them much better. Celeste's favourite story was the one about how her mother met the Avengers and turned their lives upside down. Cece would swear that her favourite detail was when her mother picked up the mighty hammer, how she thought it was so funny.

They kept in contact with everyone, of course. Seven years of life changes you but at your core, you are always the same person. Loki and Omar stopped playing around and finally got together. Omar's parents are insisting on a big texas wedding but Loki's excuse is that they hate barbecue. Complete lie.

Sam and Bucky adopted five more cats, bringing their current total of furry friends to six. They live in a nice cottage now. Steve still runs the Avengers and took a vow of celibacy because one of his exes is with a woman and another is Sharon. Which brings me to Nat, who is still working at SHIELD with her partner, Maria Hill, who is now the director. Nick Fury took an indefinite vacation so, he left the agency to his second in command. Tony kept being himself, this time with Pepper by his side to reign him in, because we all know he needs that.

Peter finally popped the question to MJ at the top of the Eiffel Tower or the ray of death which is what the bride called it. They have a dog named Ben and a daughter named Dalhia, who is a complete mix of both her parents. Clint finally retired, finally. Thor returned to Asgard and reclaimed the throne, allowing Bruce to become a dual citizen of his home and Earth. He put his differences aside with Fleur and they're now very good friends.

Wanda bought a beautiful house and took up knitting, making sure to have a huge garden for her daughter to play in every single day. She liked to sit on her front porch and knit, watching the days go by and suddenly, it was seven years later.

Y/N got every single medal of honour in the book because as soon as the world found out she was dead,  a mourning period began. The world was shocked that a once out spoke, maybe mentally ill teenager died for them. The negativity that once surrounded her faded away as she was labelled a hero not just on earth, but all over the world.

Wanda could remember all that so clearly on the seventh anniversary as she waited for people to arrive. They decided to have dinner once a year, a time where everyone who fought could sit down and catch up. They would randomly see each other all the time but on the anniversary of the disaster, they came together as one.

"Hey, Wanda!" A voice called and broke Wanda's zoned out stare.

"Loki! Welcome home!" She smiled, walking over to them and giving them a hug, "Please tell me you remembered Omar this year?"

"That happened one time, one time Wands!" They protested and then looked towards the young girl playing, "How's she holding up?"

"It's Cece, the toughest kid I know. She's like Y/N in that way, don't you think?" Wanda asked.

"Well, she definitely has her mother's sarcasm. She called me greasy the other day, you know that? She's exactly like Y/N.." Loki smirked.

"She really is. Now go inside, I can hear the sound of Tony's car pulling up. Arrogant ass.." Wanda shrugged, sending Loki inside.

The Avengers all soon arrived, making themselves at home with drinks and snacks. If they were all honest with each other they would admit everything that was truly bothering them but, one close group can never do that. They're all people with things bothering them, pissing them off, but if they told each other it would all become very real.

So they gathered around a table, to celebrate an anniversary.

"I'd like to propose a toast.." Wanda stood up, tapping the side of her glass and gathering everyone's attention. "To my wife, Y/N. The dumbest, most chaotic person I have probably ever met. I can say all this when she not here to defend herself-"

"Oh really?" I smirked in the corner of the room.

"She's home, finally!" Wanda cheered, running towards me.

So, I'm not six feet under, surprise surprise.

I'm not sure how to explain it really but, the surge of power that was supposed to kill a human didn't kill me. I'm just built different I guess. They don't call me Madam Mayhem for nothing. Thanos is dead, and so is his army. The funny thing is, I'm still kicking and the purple jellybean isn't. Somehow I managed to live another seven years without dying, so that's something.

My only sacrifice was my leg, which had to get chopped off and for filled Scott's wish of me being the Terminator. You win some, you lose some.

So where have I been for seven years? I stepped up to the title of the galaxy's mightiest hero. I've won wars, downed an exceptional amount of alcohol and even got married. That's right folks, I got wifed up.

I was only delayed because for the last three months I had been on a mission alongside Omar. But I wouldn't miss this for the world, which I saved, many many times.

"Its tradition for me to make the toast, as the one who saved you but I'll keep this years one nice and short. I'd like to thanks you all for showing up today, because people who save the world together, stay together. I again would like to apologies for the massive inconvinenance, but I want to brag that my house in the beautiful land of Greece is better than Tonys-"

"Is not-"

"Is too. Plus, we all need a get away sometimes. So, to you guys, to Elle Woods and to Taylor Swift, everyone I've mentioned has made my life complete, so thank you." I said, picking up Peters glass and using it as my own.

I sat down with my friends, next to my kid and my wife, pulling out a plate and pieling it with the random assortments of food.

"All Cece wanted for her birthday was for you to come home.." Wanda whispered.

"Yeah well, I'm kinda over this hole war thing. I've done enough saving the world for a life time.." I smiled.

Theres a lot I could say, tell you the lessons I've learned and how my life has changed. When I was 14 I was alone and now, 15 years later, I've got everything I have ever asked for. I changed my life by being an asshole, you should try it some time. If I could give someone advice, from all the lessons and dumb shit I have ever done it would be this.

Don't do anything this Gen-Z Avenger ever did or ever would do, for your own good. Or do, you may just turn out a little something like me.