015| Go in Peace

*5 months prior*

I love the sound of a group laughing.

When someones say something truly funny and you laugh so hard you can feel your stomach start to ache. Some scientists said that laughing was essential to human health and without getting a nice dose of it every once in a while, it can negatively affect you.

I think everything in life can have a negative effect on you if you let it. Friends, family, food, drink, drugs, death, pets, your bed, your hobbies, anything.

The key part is whether you let it.

Personally speaking, I believe you need negative experiences to grow as a person. Although when I say that, this is definitely not what I was asking for.

"I swear, next to year you will have a way nicer birthday, maybe we could do it in style. I know that's what you want.." I said, setting up the deck chairs on the dessert planet.

"You know I don't mind, less chance of us doing dumb drunk things. Plus, if the families all together I don't mind.." Everlee smiled.

On that faithful day, an earth bender named Everlee was turning 25. As every single member of the Elementals had a bounty on their head, we decided to fly to a barren planet with a start sky to enjoy the night. It was a quiet birthday celebration, but that doesn't mean it wasn't an enjoyable one.

Well as I would later find, it wouldn't be an enjoyable one.

"I sent Cole for beer, he and Stella should be on their way back. Alex will go help Fluer down the stairs, I think they have a crush on her.." I smiled the Everlee.

"I put Lucas on music, I think since he used to be a DJ he will have good taste.." She spoke, then turning to face the ship door opening.

"I've got cake!" Omar announced, revealing Fatima holding a vanilla sheet cake.

"No, I got the cake. Could you believe he had no American dollars?" Fatima laughed, giving Everlee a high and kissing her cheek, then placing down the cake and heading inside.

"Has anyone seen my wife? I've been wondering where she had gotten off to.." I said, looking around to see if she was near.

"She's in with Celeste, I think she wants to put her to bed before the festivities begin.." Everlee replied.

"Alright, then-"

"The partly can start my loves!"

The voice belonged to a dear friend Cole, I could see his new bride Stella cringing behind him as he strutted with the beers in his hand.

Cole was a wanted fugitive for many years before he met Stella. She was from a well-known family, she was as they say 'brought up right'. Cole convinced her to run away, the two being Elementals, to start a new life as friends.

Ten years later they would wed.

There were 13other Elementals if you didn't count Celeste, Wanda and me. Some could control air, Fluer, Alex and Stella. The fire squad, Cole, Akia, . The water benders, Omar, Fatima and Lucas. Then finally, the earthy ones, Everlee, Beatrice, Hao and Bo.

Eventually, everyone made their way to the little seating area. We lit a fire and grabbed some drinks, chatting and laughing.

Fluer sat with her broken leg on Omar's lap, something she got from her last mission. Beatrice, Hao and Bo were debating whose powers were better with Fatima and Lucas, eventually, others jointing around to argue.

Eventually, though, one drunk got extra cocky.

"Well look, I'd like to propose a toast!" Cole got up and spoke, slurring his words, "To the birthday girl!" He yelled.

"To the birthday girl!" We all cheered back.

There was calm, perfect calm and a perfect moment.

About five seconds later, a shot was fired.

Not just any shot, it was like something detonated by a bazooka. Instantly, Cole, Stella and Everlee passed away.

Everyone was thrown back, scattered from the explosion going off. I was the first to get up and pull people to their feet. The realization that we were under attack managed to sober me up in an instant.

"Fluer you can't fight, you go and make sure my daughter is safe, okay?! Fluer go, now!" I yelled to her as she tried to run as fast as she could with her broken leg.

As I looked for the perpetrator of the attack, I saw Lucas being stabbed through the heart, breaking mine that bit more. You could see the light drain out of their eyes as he was carelessly thrown to the side.

The man responsible headed straight for me, large, purple, his chin kinda looking like a ball sack but I didn't bring it up.

"I am Thanos of Titan. I have come for the tesseract, if you hand it over now, child, I shall go in peace.." His voice boomed as he stared down at me.

"Go in peace? You've killed four of my team! Go in peace my ass!" I yelled in his face.

I suddenly became aware of the fact that I didn't know where my wife was. I couldn't see her as much as I looked.

"Fine, then I'll take it myself.." He said, aiming his gauntlet looking thing at my head.

I noticed the purple rock in it and immediately recognized it to be the power stone. As soon as I knew it for certain, I dodged the blast, throwing a bit of my own power back at him in response.

He however had an army, I had less than ten fighters left. It was always going to be a losing battle.

One by one, I saw people dying, my people. I saw Omar struggling on the ground and picked them up, sending them straight to the ship. I looked around at the destroyed landscape, searching desperately for my wife.

Then I saw her.

She must have been hit with the blast because she was laying helplessly under a tree and other bits of material.

"Wanda, Wanda darling you need to wake up for me!" I cried out to her, using my powers to lift the tree off of her.

I lifted her unconscious body onto the ship, seeing Fluer already set up to help. The ex-surgical resident took my wife and immediately began trying to fix her.

I stood out, looking over the battle scene, hoping to find another survivor.

Instead, my family lay dead and Thanos's army was charging towards us. The only option was to run.

We left the scene of the massacre, I immediately went to help Fluer in surgery because there was no one else to help my wife live.

Wanda was in a coma for 3 days.

So when they asked me, do you wanna kill Thanos?

The answer is yes, absolutely I fucking want to.