Ask him to leave my sight!

"Brother! She is awake!"

"Brat! Keep it lower! And finally, you did something useful in all the years after you were born! Good! I will dump a few millions in your account as a reward! Now go back and take care of her!" The other side said.

"Brother! Even if you are a king! I am still a prince! You can't treat me like this! And for all my three years of handwork, you are only giving me a few millions! Huh?! Why are you so stingy!? Can't you give me more?" Nicholas whined.

"If you don't even want them to continue rambling and speak with me. I promise you cannot return to Atlantis ever again!" the person on the other side said in an icy voice.

"Your Highness! I have to take care of my future sister-in-law! I will get going! Don't forget to credit some money to my account. And my sister-in-law's birthday is coming. I would like to buy something for her. Please send some more money!" Nicholas was in a hurry to hang the call. But he didn't dare to hang up before he received an answer from the other side.

"Brat! Don't play tricks on me! Her birthday would be after another seven months! Do you think I am dumb as you!?" Nicholas could sense the anger from the other side.

"Brother! I am hanging! I need to call the doctor!" Nicholas quickly hung the call and patted his chest as he took hurried breaths.

[That was a close call.] his inner self said.

'Yes,' he replied to it.

[Call the doctor first, dumbo!] the one in his mind chimed at him.

With his inner self-reminder, Nicholas sprinted to the doctor's office and summoned the doctor.

—————-

On the other side…

The person who was addressed as brother smiled widely, shocking the surrounding people.

——————————-
When the doctor was about to touch, Esther shook her head. She tried to move backward from his reach.

"Don't," she whispered.

Seeing her guard, the doctor frowned. He tried to go near her again, but she tried to duck away. Nicholas tried to go near. Esther trembled a bit, but she still resisted his touch. She allowed him to touch her. "I don't want to see him," she whispered to Nicholas.

"Doctor, please leave," Nicholas said.

The doctor understood and left. Esther heaved a sigh seeing him leave.

"My brother…." before she could say something, she fell unconscious and went into sleep.

Seeing her sleep, Nicholas called the doctor and let him check on her.

------------------------------------

Present….

Esther felt like she woke up from a long sleep again. She felt hungry and thirsty. But she doesn't want to ask anyone but her brother. She wanted her brother and family, not others.

She opened her eyes and saw a man was sitting beside her bed with his eyes wide open. His irises were looking red as if he hasn't slept for a long while. When she made out his features, she cried.

Henry, who was watching his sister, saw her opening her eyes and looking at him curiously. And suddenly she started crying.

Henry panicked when he saw the tears in her eyes. He started patting her head and consoling her.

She weakly lifted her hand and started hitting him.

Accusations filled in her eyes. "You wicked man, when I got trapped in that room, you didn't come to save me! I don't want you!" Esther said in her low yet hoarse voice. Esther thought her voice was intimidating, but to Henry, it was like a cat huffing.

He smiled at her. If she has the energy to scold him, then she was fine. He was happy.

"Hit me when you get well. Now, don't tire yourself!" he said.

"You just wait. I will hit you for leaving me there!" she retorted. But in her opinion, she was acting like a tigress, but to Henry, she was acting like a cute little kitten.

He nodded his head as he smiled at her.

"I need a hug!" she said. Henry gave it without a second thought.

"Brother…" she called him out.

"Hmm," he responded, still hugging her.

"Get me those divorce papers. I will sign them!" Esther said, shocking Henry.

[Fuck! I forgot they were yet to divorce!] Henry cussed in his mind.
---------------

Author's note:

Finally! She woke up! There would be three or four slow chaps. Don't blame me. You can't expect a person to get well soon magically in a day or two, right? And there are few things to settle scores.
And if you notice.... Arthur and Esther still didn't get a divorce!
Why do you think so?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Don't forget to vote!

Next update would be when this book hit 200 votes mark!!

Stay safe and healthy!