14

It was tense.

Probably the most tense dinner any of them have ever experienced, but Taehyung wanted to applaud himself for how easily he was able to act like everything was all right.

The only noise that could be heard was the clinking of cutlery and one look up and it looked like any other tense feast within the royal family.

" so, how are you all adjusting?? "

A pathetic attempt to break the ice, and Taehyung want to wince at the expression-less face of all the alphas well except one.

The bright smile was so contagious that he felt himself returning the same wide smile back to the alpha. What was his name again...??? Hoseok??

It was alpha Hoseok who start speaking first, " I am adjusting well your majesty, it is better than I expected.. "

" Taehyung "

" huh ....?? "

Taehyung felt his cheeks warm a little bit but he coughed once to maintain his composure, " you all can call me Taehyung when we are alone, I dont mind.. "

Hoseok took a few seconds to register this image of omega in his mind, the flushed cheeks with tip of ears turning slight red and eyes downward toward his plate trying to appear composed when clearly flustered.

He tried to bite back a fond chuckle before smiling equally bright, " of course your majesty.. I mean Taehyung- shi , you too can call me hyung if you are comfortable. "

Taehyung looked up startled but didn't say anything just nodded before muttering, " you can drop the honorific "

Hoseok wanted to comment on that but decided to let omega slide and not tease him anymore.

Others were quite before commenting about how easily they adjusted in the palace and other things.

Taehyung was pleased, he had given specific orders to the staff to assist alphas in getting comfortable in the palace and he was quite happy that the others were being comfortable and well.

Now... Is it the right time to drop the bomb..??

Maybe he should make others bit comfortable first.

" I want to talk about ladies in waiting, both the prince have one already but I have decided to give four of you two ladies each, usually they are from a noble household but if any of you have a preference I don't mind their social standing, they just have to go through palace security check. "

Taehyung registered the attention of all the alphas before continuing, " you don't have to answer me right away, you can take a week or so to tell me if you have a person in mind or I should arrange one for you. "

He didn't get any verbal replies but he could see nodding of heads from his peripheral vision.

Well it's better than ignoring him completely.

Finally it's time to drop the bomb.

He picked up his wine glass bringing it up to his lips taking a small sip looking around the table.

" we all need to discuss about heats and ruts schedule. "

Six heads snapped up and he could hear a few choking on their wines, even the helpers on the side looked a bit flustered.

And Taehyung was glad he had applied scent blockers or else the alphas around would be able to smell his own embarrassed scent.

" y-your majesty.. No I mean Taehyung shi... no Taehyung we have to discuss that???"

Taehyung tried hard to hide his own embarrassment and tried to act as composed as he can, " you all are six alphas, I am an omega and none of us are allowed to seek help from outsider. It'll be better for us to discuss "

He just hoped he can get over this topic with minimum embarrassment.

******

A/n

I am on a family vacation
so writing new chapters is taking a lot of time.

I hope you liked this update ❤💜