26

The festival passed in a blur as Taehyung couldn't bring himself to enjoy it anymore after meeting his mother.

So many questions in his mind and yet no answer for any of them.

The more he thinks about it the more confusing it gets.

He leaned onto Seokjin as the other alphas create a barricade around him guiding him toward their palanquin.

It was abrupt he knows, and he was grateful that nobody asked him any questions regarding the whole thing that just happened although he can feel that the alphas around him have a lot of questions regarding the same.

He closed his eyes, tired from crying as the alpha softly placed him in the palanquin while they moved towards their respective horses ready to make their way back to the palace.

It was quite almost eerily so.

The only noise that could be heard was of the horse feet making their way on the route.

Taehyung does not remember when his eyes got droopy as he closed them softly falling asleep as the exhaustion of the day finally caught up to him.

*************

" We should start preparing for the war with the west. " Hoseok looked ahead not addressing anyone directly but all the alphas have their attention completely on him.

Namjoon nodded in the dark, " I was thinking about the same now that Taehyung's mom said it, war is inevitable. There must be some reason for her to say stuff like that. "

" Taehyung's mom is never wrong, neither in my whole childhood have I ever seen her do or say something without any reason. " Jimin said looking at others with a thoughtful expression.

They all know that, if Taehyung had been anything like his mother which he claims to be quite a lot of time then every single word said by the queen would mean something deep and prominent.

Seokjin shook his head, "let's discuss it when Taehyung is ready and stable, whatever we say now can not be put to work without Taehyung .. "

Everyone agreed silently.

The journey wasn't supposed to take this long however the constant attack from the west after the meeting had forced the royal procession to be conscious at every step ahead.

It is a bit infuriating, however, Taehyung's unwillingness to attack back was something none of the alpha or even any of the ministers were able to understand but the scene they witnessed today made them understand the situation a bit better.

That too if what they are thinking even close to the reality at all, there might be so many things that Taehyung had not even told them and it may not be such a big deal for an Emperor to keep sensitive information confidential to himself but for the alpha's their imprinted omega hiding things looks like the omega don't trust the alpha enough.

And although none of the alpha said anything regarding it, the new information that was revealed unintentionally was like two steps back to their slowly developing relationship.

A big breath was probably the only thing they can do at the moment that can help them to push back their personal feelings and keep the empire and Taehyung as their priority.

**************

" Your highness .... The west fraction has attacked the empire fort and taken over control. The official there are requesting help... "

Taehyung's eyes shot open as he looked at the messenger on the horseback in front of their procession.

He knows that he had been ignoring the west situation for a long time but none of their act was as extreme as this and now the person for whom he had been laying back a bit has given her consent. He has to take a decision for the betterment of his subjects.

And he will do so ......

******
A/n 💜❤

Give me your views ..

I love and appreciate them 🥰