21

Taehyung felt it before he was able to see it.

The arrows wheezed straight in his direction piercing the soldier stationed right beside him.

The troop got into the defensive stance around him as his alphas surrounded taehyung in between their horses creating a barrier between any forthcoming attack.

Swords out, back straight and eyes focused ready to protect the Emperor as required however nothing of such sort came.

A minute.

Two minutes...

Three minutes...

Nothing.

Everything was eerily quiet.

Jungkook jumped down from his horse's back walking toward the corpse of the soldier in sturdy steps and no matter how inappropriate the time was taehyung could see how much healthy and well built the aloha looked compared to the day he first came to empire.

Taehyung as well as other alphas kept their eyes trained on the young alpha as he crouched down at eye level with the arrow.

" it is poisoned.... "

Yoongi threw a white handkerchief towards the alpha, " pull it out I can see a message tied to it.... "

Jungkook nodded once toward the elder pulling out the arrow with ease making some blood gush out from the open wound and Seokjin and Jimin were the only ones who visibly cringed at the sight of dark red blood dripping out from the dead body.

Taehyung tried not to smile at his soft-hearted alphas, " Namjoon make sure that the soldier will get the proper burial. "

Namjoon smiled nodding at Taehyung however his smile looked forced as if he is holding back from saying what was in his mind and Taehyung was honestly quite impressed by the obvious effort of the alpha.

However, it seems to be way more difficult for Hoseok to do the same, and just like a warrior he is blunt and straightforward and did little to conceal the hostility he was feeling in his words, " and for how long are we supposed to just overlook all these attacks and death of our soldiers without our emperor doing the bare minimum to ensure the safety of the subjects or himself... "

Taehyung smiled letting out an indulging chuckle, "let's discuss it in an appropriate environment, proceed we are getting late for midnight prayers "

***********

It started a week after the meeting with the sun of the west and Taehyung knew that after his small chat that the only way out of the situation is war and honestly he was not looking forward to such a situation.

Now more than before because he was sure that his mother could be with the enemy that he is supposed to attack.

He took a long deep breath.

It was difficult to make others understand and so he didn't even try to do so and no matter how understanding they sounded at that moment the situation seems to be taking a toll on all of them.

He knows he has to make a decision, and if that decision would be war then that would be it.

He just hopes that the annual prayer to the moon goddess would help him make the decision that is good for all.

He proceeds forward followed by the alphas completely unaware of the unexpected waiting for him ahead ...

******

Give me your views 💖💜