38

The rule of dual between kings had been the same for years.

The two kings get down to indulge in a face-to-face battle in their wolf form with no help from outside, whoever won the battle will have the right over everything of the other king. And the winning only means when only one out of the battle is alive.

There were no rules except that one king in human form can not attack the opponent but the one in animal form can do so.

The main problem with this rule was that Taehyung was an Omega and the omegas have lost their ability to shift almost decades ago, only a few who can change are so weak in their wolf form that they could even lose to a dog in the fight and for an omega to get into challenge fight with an alpha means death sentence or worst the chances of being dominated and claimed while fight is even higher.

The army scattered making Jimin and Seokjin rush to the place where the challenge fight was supposed to happen, the queen's mother was also seated on one of the seats placed around the roughly made up arena, she looked calm as if she isn't scared for the outcome of the fight at all.

Within a few minutes, the arena was ready, the alpha got down first butt naked jumping into the arena shifting into his wolf form mid-air landing as a brownish-colored beast, growling and howling at top of his voice stalking around the arena in a dominating way.

He was big, broad but nothing different from any other normal alpha and his wolf was restless crazy to force his dominance on his opponent.

The wolf and all those present in the arena looked up at Taehyung who walked down the field dressed in a simple white shirt standing in front of the alpha no fear in his eyes as he sized his opponent with little interest in his eyes before he shifts into his wolf form.

The collective gasp was heard around the arena as the glow of the setting sun fell on the clean white coat of the wolf, the omega slightly taller than an average wolf his paws firmly set on the ground as he looked at the alpha a snarl leaving his mouth.

"THE BLESSED. "

"The Mythical Blessed. It is our king "

The murmurs from all around filled the previously quiet arena. The appearance of pure white omega blessed by the moon goddess herself is stronger than any alpha or anything else.

The alphas looked, shocked but their scent went a little soft, a proud note leaking seeing their mate confidently standing in front of the alpha with his head held high.

Kim Taehyung was magic. And they were watching a new miracle every single day.

The queen mother uses the hammer on the big mettle ring to create a loud noise declaring the start of the challenge of death and victory.

The alpha huffed jumping towards the omega who easily dodged him swiftly jumping to the side. Taehyung was agile, with a single move it was clear that he was trained, skilled more than anyone in his wolf form, and quick on his feet, unlike the alpha who was stiff, relying only on brute force to win the battle.

It might have worked in a situation that he was anticipating, a weak omega wolf or an omega who can not shift but this is Taehyung, the blessed omega born once in hundred years, touched by the moon goddess herself.

Taehyung had no intention of wasting time on the Alpha by tattering on the edge.

He pushed his paw upward throwing off the alpha that jumped on him he moved briskly lunging forward overpowering the alpha with only a few moves, as the first beam of moonlight fell on the ground Taehyung dug his canine onto the alphas neck, tearing up his throat letting the blood fall on the pure white fur of his.

He closed his eyes letting the fatigue run over him as he looked around, the bell was rung declaring the end of the challenge.

Taehyung felt tired, his body covered in dirty blood he do not know what to do anymore.

He misses his brother, he misses not having to worry, he misses not having to carry all this burden and he misses having a stable ground to stand on no matter the situation.

As if his prayers were heard he felt a very identical wolf enter the arena, the brotherly scent of salted caramel enveloped him in its safe embrace.

Seojoon shifted in his human form, his hand coming forward to pull the white wolf in his embrace, "I am so proud of you, brother. You did amazing, you were great, I am so proud of you... Sorry for being a coward, sorry for running away. Not now, not ever after this let me be a shoulder you can lean on. I'll always be behind you, 'My king' ."

Taehyung shifted back to his human form too, still covered in blood as he hugged his brother, one that he missed so dearly, it feels like childhood all over again when they used to train in their wolf form in the garden, his eyes teary as he holds his brother in his embrace, feeling safe as a baby, "why? why?? are you here??"

Seojoon tried really hard to hold back his tears, but he had always been a little 'too softhearted' for an alpha, "For your mate, I operated on him, he is fine, out of danger but still unconscious he would wake up anytime soon.

Jimin rushed with two long capes handing them to Seo-Joon and draping one on taehyung himself.

Taehyung secured the cape on his hand tugging it close, turning to address the remaining soldiers of both his and enemy army, " give the dead a proper farewell accept the body of late King Jeon and Alpha Hae-sun drag them outside and let the vultures pick on their flesh, for the soldiers of another side, go back to your homes you will receive empire's help and to every soldier of our army who lost anything in this war, I apologize and although money can not compensate anything you all will be properly rewarded for the courage and patriotism you all displayed."

The collective howl was heard as all the wolves bowed to their emperor to the one they respect and promise to follow this life and forever.

He won this war and millions of hearts. He knows that.

******

A/n:

Did you like this ???

Give me your comments ❤🐱